- Posts: 70
- Thank you received: 4
Lots of fake users despite captcha in registration
13 years 7 months ago #87735
by gidgie
Lots of fake users despite captcha in registration was created by gidgie
Hi Guys,
One of my sites gets lots of fake users, despite using captcha in registration.
They just register and never visit. Can be anything from 2-3 to 20 each day.
How do I prevent that????
One of my sites gets lots of fake users, despite using captcha in registration.
They just register and never visit. Can be anything from 2-3 to 20 each day.
How do I prevent that????
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 7 months ago #87762
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Lots of fake users despite captcha in registration
Hi,
1. Did you tested your recaptcha module through your registration form ?
2. What type of hikashop and joomla registration are you using ?
My advice would be to let your customer active their account trough an "activation mail".
1. Did you tested your recaptcha module through your registration form ?
2. What type of hikashop and joomla registration are you using ?
My advice would be to let your customer active their account trough an "activation mail".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #87769
by gidgie
Replied by gidgie on topic Lots of fake users despite captcha in registration
Hi Mohamed,
I did test recaptcha to make sure it works.
We are using simplified registration without password. I am thinking that perhaps making registration a little more complex and perhaps introducing email confirmation field will make it harder.
Where do I enable the confirmation email feature??? I know i have seen it somewhere, but cannot think where it is??
Thanks in advance!
I did test recaptcha to make sure it works.
We are using simplified registration without password. I am thinking that perhaps making registration a little more complex and perhaps introducing email confirmation field will make it harder.
Where do I enable the confirmation email feature??? I know i have seen it somewhere, but cannot think where it is??
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 7 months ago #87798
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Lots of fake users despite captcha in registration
Joomla can actually do this, you'll just have to :
- Go to "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'"
- Set it to SELF
- Go to "Control panel->Global configuration->system->'New User Account Activation'"
- Set it to SELF
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds