Blank page returned for product listing menu item
- sloanthrasher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 4 months ago #104208
by sloanthrasher
Sloan Thrasher
Blank page returned for product listing menu item was created by sloanthrasher
Hi all,
I've run into a really strange problem. I've installed HikaShop twice, and Maximenu twice on a Joomla 3.0 site.
You can see the site at www.bayousome.info
I've added a temp menu at the bottom left which has one menu item "Test menu". The menu item is setup as a Hikashop Product Listing.
Here's the menu item config:
When you click on the menu item, a blank page is returned. Absolutely blank. No HTML code at all.
I'm not sure what I may have done in the re-install, or even where to look for the problem.
Any ideas of what to look for would be greatly appreciated!!
Sloan
I've run into a really strange problem. I've installed HikaShop twice, and Maximenu twice on a Joomla 3.0 site.
You can see the site at www.bayousome.info
I've added a temp menu at the bottom left which has one menu item "Test menu". The menu item is setup as a Hikashop Product Listing.
Here's the menu item config:
When you click on the menu item, a blank page is returned. Absolutely blank. No HTML code at all.
I'm not sure what I may have done in the re-install, or even where to look for the problem.
Any ideas of what to look for would be greatly appreciated!!
Sloan
Sloan Thrasher
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104209
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank page returned for product listing menu item
Hi,
You have a 500 error in the page.
Please activate the Joomla debug mode and check your PHP log in order to see the error message.
Regards,
You have a 500 error in the page.
Please activate the Joomla debug mode and check your PHP log in order to see the error message.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sloanthrasher
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sloanthrasher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
13 years 4 months ago #104227
by sloanthrasher
Sloan Thrasher
Replied by sloanthrasher on topic Blank page returned for product listing menu item
Thanks Jerome! I should have remembered that, but I wasn't seeing the 500 error in FireFox. Seems the last update silenced some error messages...
Sloan Thrasher
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #104236
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Blank page returned for product listing menu item
Hi,
It is really strange.
Did you change anything other than the "debug mode" ? Does the error came back if your remove the debug mode ?
Firefox display a blank page but you can see in the network log (ctrl+k) that the page return a 500 error.
In Google Chrome, a special page is displayed when there is a 500 error.
Regards,
It is really strange.
Did you change anything other than the "debug mode" ? Does the error came back if your remove the debug mode ?
Firefox display a blank page but you can see in the network log (ctrl+k) that the page return a 500 error.
In Google Chrome, a special page is displayed when there is a 500 error.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sloanthrasher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
13 years 4 months ago #104276
by sloanthrasher
Sloan Thrasher
Replied by sloanthrasher on topic Blank page returned for product listing menu item
There was a problem in one of the php files, a small syntax error. Once that was fixed, the page displayed correctly.
I used to see 500 errors in Firefox. I don't know when that changed, but I remember seeing one about a couple of months ago on another site. I think there have been a couple of FF updates since then, but I don't remember.
I didn't know about that shortcut, but will make sure I remember it in the future!
Thanks!
I used to see 500 errors in Firefox. I don't know when that changed, but I remember seeing one about a couple of months ago on another site. I think there have been a couple of FF updates since then, but I don't remember.
I didn't know about that shortcut, but will make sure I remember it in the future!
Thanks!
Sloan Thrasher
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds