- Posts: 217
- Thank you received: 1
checkout url
14 years 6 months ago #44015
by Mat
checkout url was created by Mat
Hi Nicolas,
Why when I create a menu item called 'checkout' to refer to the checkout does Hika shop also add a /checkout to the end of it.
I get this:
https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout
Can I remove one of the 'checkouts'?
Thanks,
Mat
Why when I create a menu item called 'checkout' to refer to the checkout does Hika shop also add a /checkout to the end of it.
I get this:
https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout
Can I remove one of the 'checkouts'?
Thanks,
Mat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44209
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: checkout url
The first one is the alias of the menu which is added by Joomla.
The second one is the value of the "ctrl" parameter used by HikaShop in order to identify the page.
It would be theoretically possible to have only the Joomla menu alias and guess back the page based on the menu in that case but that would require the development of that.
The second one is the value of the "ctrl" parameter used by HikaShop in order to identify the page.
It would be theoretically possible to have only the Joomla menu alias and guess back the page based on the menu in that case but that would require the development of that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #91842
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: checkout url
Hi Nicolas,
Is there an update on this question?
Is everyone using hikashop having the url https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout ?
Thanks,
Mat
Is there an update on this question?
Is everyone using hikashop having the url https://website/index.php/path/checkout/checkout ?
Thanks,
Mat
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #92055
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: checkout url
No. Simply create a menu item of the type hikashop checkout via the joomla menu manager and select it in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration so that it is used by the checkout.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #99456
by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic Re: checkout url
So I unpublished my menu called checkout and the component still works ... so I guess that means that your component hardcodes the sef url checkout (which i would rather it did not as then I don't control the name .. anyway ....)?
i still get the checkout/checkout issue in my url ... and I just don't understand what I am meant to do about it.
I also wonder about the 'force a menu on checkout' option and specifically how can i change the menu in code and thereby have different layouts for different purposes?
i still get the checkout/checkout issue in my url ... and I just don't understand what I am meant to do about it.
I also wonder about the 'force a menu on checkout' option and specifically how can i change the menu in code and thereby have different layouts for different purposes?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #99579
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: checkout url
Our component does not hard code anything.
Joomla uses the current menu's alias for the path of the URL. Setting that "force a menu on checkout" option allows you to tell joomla which menu to use to display the checkout and thus which alias should be used for the SEFed URL.
So create a menu item of the type checkout and select it there and that should do what you want as I already advised in my previous message.
The current menu item can be changed in the code :
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=757010
It has nothing to do with HikaShop though.
Joomla uses the current menu's alias for the path of the URL. Setting that "force a menu on checkout" option allows you to tell joomla which menu to use to display the checkout and thus which alias should be used for the SEFed URL.
So create a menu item of the type checkout and select it there and that should do what you want as I already advised in my previous message.
The current menu item can be changed in the code :
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=428&t=757010
It has nothing to do with HikaShop though.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107543
by Mat
Sadly this doesn't help.
Replied by Mat on topic checkout url
No. Simply create a menu item of the type hikashop checkout via the joomla menu manager and select it in the "force a menu on checkout" option of the configuration so that it is used by the checkout.
Sadly this doesn't help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107603
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic checkout url
Hi,
In the url the menu name is required and the controller name too.
I don't really see any solution to remove one of the "checkout" but some custom code, or change the menu name.
In the url the menu name is required and the controller name too.
I don't really see any solution to remove one of the "checkout" but some custom code, or change the menu name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds