- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 1
Custom Field Change Default.
- langkatech
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 4 months ago #49494
by langkatech
Custom Field Change Default. was created by langkatech
The Custom Fields I am using automatically put the first choice as the default. I just want it to be blank or have "Please Select" as the default and then have the custom error message triggered if they don't choose something.
www.langkatest.com/index.php?option=com_...a&Itemid=534&lang=en
www.langkatest.com/index.php?option=com_...a&Itemid=534&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49572
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Change Default.
Leave the default value as empty and set the field required and that will do what you want.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- langkatech
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #49618
by langkatech
Replied by langkatech on topic Re: Custom Field Change Default.
I am using the single drop-down and it won't let me leave the default blank. I have a list of Years 2000-2012 and it just keeps putting the 2012 into the default. When I try to change it it lists all of the years but not a blank. I had 2013 at the top and tried deleting it hoping it would keep a blank at the top but when I saved, it just moved 2012 into its position.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 months ago #49692
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Custom Field Change Default.
You can't have the "value" and the "title" blank for an option of the dropdown. You should leave blank only the "value".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- langkatech
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 1
14 years 4 months ago #49705
by langkatech
Replied by langkatech on topic Re: Custom Field Change Default.
OH Ok .... Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds