- Posts: 74
- Thank you received: 1
Moving products in and out of categories
14 years 1 month ago #62657
by donzo
Moving products in and out of categories was created by donzo
So,
I have a Hidden Category called 10%
I have a discount that points to 10% and deducts, 10%
I have a load of products in various categories that I want to discount by 10%
How do I quickly move/add these products to the 10% category, and then how do I quickly move them out, i.e. if they go out of sale.
Do I really have to do this manually per product ?
And, if I have added products to the 10% Category, when I delete them from the 10% category via the product listing page, it actually deletes the product, not removes it from 10% category.
Ideas?
Thanks
I have a Hidden Category called 10%
I have a discount that points to 10% and deducts, 10%
I have a load of products in various categories that I want to discount by 10%
How do I quickly move/add these products to the 10% category, and then how do I quickly move them out, i.e. if they go out of sale.
Do I really have to do this manually per product ?
And, if I have added products to the 10% Category, when I delete them from the 10% category via the product listing page, it actually deletes the product, not removes it from 10% category.
Ideas?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 weeks ago #62755
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
Hi donzo,
To change the categories of the products, you can do it manually per product or by using the import method.
In the .csv file just add the column "product_code" or "product name" or "product id" and "Product categories".
For each products, set the categories separated by ";", this will add the categories to your products.
To remove a product from a category, go in the product edition page, and delete the category on the right side of this view.
To change the categories of the products, you can do it manually per product or by using the import method.
In the .csv file just add the column "product_code" or "product name" or "product id" and "Product categories".
For each products, set the categories separated by ";", this will add the categories to your products.
To remove a product from a category, go in the product edition page, and delete the category on the right side of this view.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 weeks ago - 14 years 4 weeks ago #62777
by donzo
Replied by donzo on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
Well thanks for that. I was hoping for a quicker, more slick method of doing this.
Maybe in future versions you could consider a "Move to Category" and "Copy to Category" and "Remove from Category" set of functions in the product listing page, so that you can work on multiple products, shifting them in and out of categories.
Thanks
Maybe in future versions you could consider a "Move to Category" and "Copy to Category" and "Remove from Category" set of functions in the product listing page, so that you can work on multiple products, shifting them in and out of categories.
Thanks
Last edit: 14 years 4 weeks ago by donzo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 4 weeks ago #62779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
We want to have a mass action system in the future which will also handle that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 53
- Thank you received: 2
14 years 4 weeks ago #62882
by doogledesign
Replied by doogledesign on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
Totally needed. Many products are similar with only small changes such as images or descriptions.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76911
by donzo
Replied by donzo on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
Any news on batch processing? Hoped it would be in 2.0!
I really need to be able to move products in and out of categories rapidly ASAP.
Please
thanks.
I really need to be able to move products in and out of categories rapidly ASAP.
Please
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76978
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
Hi,
We don't had times to do that, we have many works, and many functionalities to implement.
It still on our TODO list.
We don't had times to do that, we have many works, and many functionalities to implement.
It still on our TODO list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #79552
by mtense
Replied by mtense on topic Re: Moving products in and out of categories
I vote for this too!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114122
by drandyb
Replied by drandyb on topic Moving products in and out of categories
Xavier, when do you think you might be adding batch processing of products to Hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114165
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Moving products in and out of categories
Hi drandyb,
We already released this feature in our last version!
Hikashop 2.2.0 indeed have a mass action system which allow you to move thousand products from one category to another.
Just download the last version and take a look at the documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...massaction-form.html
We already released this feature in our last version!
Hikashop 2.2.0 indeed have a mass action system which allow you to move thousand products from one category to another.
Just download the last version and take a look at the documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...massaction-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds