- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Setting up a site with a shared SSL certificate
- chrisclemesltd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 11 months ago #70435
by chrisclemesltd
Setting up a site with a shared SSL certificate was created by chrisclemesltd
Hello
I wish to set up my site with shared SSL. I have been given a URL by the hosting company. Do I have to upload the whole Joomla installation to that directory?
Really not sure how to go about doing this...
Thanks!
I wish to set up my site with shared SSL. I have been given a URL by the hosting company. Do I have to upload the whole Joomla installation to that directory?
Really not sure how to go about doing this...
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70464
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Setting up a site with a shared SSL certificate
Hi,
On HikaShop's end, all you need to do is to enter that URL in the shared SSL URL field of the Checkout tab of the configuration.
If the checkout doesn't work after that, it means that the shared SSL is not configured properly on your web server. As it depends on your hosting company server's configuration, the best is to ask them what to do at that point.
On HikaShop's end, all you need to do is to enter that URL in the shared SSL URL field of the Checkout tab of the configuration.
If the checkout doesn't work after that, it means that the shared SSL is not configured properly on your web server. As it depends on your hosting company server's configuration, the best is to ask them what to do at that point.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- chrisclemesltd
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #70797
by chrisclemesltd
Replied by chrisclemesltd on topic Re: Setting up a site with a shared SSL certificate
Hi
Okay, so I have activated the shared SSL option in the checkout tab of the configuration and inputted the secure URL from my hosting company, as well as created the relevant folder in my root. On checkout however, HikaShop seems to look for an index.html file, as in the attached screenshot.
I contacted the hosting company and they say that everything is set up okay? Here is their e-mail response:
I've checked the SSL folder that you installed and confirmed it is fully functional. I uploaded a test php file and it was recognised.
secure26.prositehosting.co.uk/chrisclemesssl/size.php
I did not see the index.php file being uploaded in chrisclemesssl folder. This is the main reason why the error 404 page was displayed. You need to make sure that the files or page you wish to secure is uploaded in the chrisclemesssl folder.
The URL of the site in question is: chrisclemes.co.uk/
Thanks!
Okay, so I have activated the shared SSL option in the checkout tab of the configuration and inputted the secure URL from my hosting company, as well as created the relevant folder in my root. On checkout however, HikaShop seems to look for an index.html file, as in the attached screenshot.
I contacted the hosting company and they say that everything is set up okay? Here is their e-mail response:
I've checked the SSL folder that you installed and confirmed it is fully functional. I uploaded a test php file and it was recognised.
secure26.prositehosting.co.uk/chrisclemesssl/size.php
I did not see the index.php file being uploaded in chrisclemesssl folder. This is the main reason why the error 404 page was displayed. You need to make sure that the files or page you wish to secure is uploaded in the chrisclemesssl folder.
The URL of the site in question is: chrisclemes.co.uk/
Thanks!
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by chrisclemesltd. Reason: Added information
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 11 months ago #70805
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Setting up a site with a shared SSL certificate
Hi,
You need to ask them to have all your website available on both the SSL and the non SSL area of your hosting.
In linux it's possible to have a symbolic link from you SSL folder to your non SSL folder and that should then be fine, but I don't know how their server architecture is done and that has to be done by the hosting anyway, so you will have to ask them about that.
You need to ask them to have all your website available on both the SSL and the non SSL area of your hosting.
In linux it's possible to have a symbolic link from you SSL folder to your non SSL folder and that should then be fine, but I don't know how their server architecture is done and that has to be done by the hosting anyway, so you will have to ask them about that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds