- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 0
Small image div does not show
I'd basically like my product page to function thus:
The small image div is visible at all times, and when selecting a colour, the image will change to the corresponding colour (or any other characteristic that has a specific image).
Currently, the small image div shows only when i have multiple images added to the MAIN product, but no images associated with the VARIANT.
This would be OK, but I want the image to change colour when a colour is selected.
Please tell me what I need to alter in the code.
Thanks
PS - another thing. When attempting to configure the product page correctly, my Recently Viewed module has suddenly started displaying 12 products instead of 3. It did this before, and I believe it's to do with the changes I made to the pagination, so that it would show 12 by default instead of 20. However, before, I went to the module and made sure it was set to 'All sub elements' and 'Synchronize with currently displayed menu' was set to No. This fixed it. Now, it doesn't fix it, and I don't know which other settings could possibly have affected it. I also can't see how I did anything to affect it with the changes I made to the views. Very confusing
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
1. Can you give me a link to your web site ? it would help me to understand the problem and how to solve it.
2. Can you show me a screenshot of your module ?
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As I said, I deleted the module so I can't give you a screenshot, but I can give you a screenshot of the one I just made...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
When a I look at the product page of "Defeet Neon Dura Glove", I can see that each variant have a special colored picture.
You have configured one image for each variant. So, when you select a variant, you can only see the single image that this variant have.
So, I am not sure that I have understand your problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't want to repeat me but I don't see any bug.
A variant do overrides. It means that, if you include one image in your variants, it would override all images of the main product.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry.
First I thought that it was not possible but, thinking twice about it, there might be a solution.
Using view override, it would be possible to get the main element images while displaying thumbnails for the variant images.
I have to check the code in order to see if it is really possible.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Can you please clarify what you want to have ?
This thread have more than one year and HikaShop evolve since the last post.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We could just not assign images to the variants and this would be a quick fix, but this would lead to a red product image showing on checkout when blue was selected. This is the default behavior as red would be the default image for the main product.
I need to be able to display the thumbnails for each variant, as well as the main image for the variant selected. The icing on the cake would be for the images to be tied to the main image like it is with a normal multi-image product with no variants, but to also be linked to the select box so the variant and main image change when a thumbnail is selected.
Cheers!
Hope I made sense
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Did you tried to attach more that one image through your product variant's configuration page ?As soon as you create a variant/characteristic and assign an image to it. you loose the ability to have thumbnails of say something like colors and only see the main product image which changes depending on the selection made.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes I am aware this would be one solution, however many of the products have 15+ color variations. This would require 225 images for one product in order to display correctly.Did you tried to attach more that one image through your product variant's configuration page ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
from: www.hikashop.com/forum/4-how-to/69981-ne...-images-at-once.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If what mohamed proposes isn't a good enough solution for your case, then you would have to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and modify the _checkVariant function so that it adds the images of the main product to the images of the variants instead of doing nothing if the variant already has images.
I think that something like that should do the trick at the end of that function:
polishedgeek.com/
tcp-innovation.fr/
www.makedifferent.fr/
Or to find a developer via our commercial jobs forum, joomlancers.com or resources.joomla.org
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.