Skip to main content

Internet Explore 8 layout problem - checkout

More
13 years 9 months ago #80050 by dcs2
I hope someone can offer some advice please. I am pleased with Hikashop and the options it offers. However I am having a cart display problem in IE8 that doesn't occur in Firefox or Safari. I have attached images of the IE8 and Firefox displays. In the IE8 display the headings and content do not line up but do in the other browsers. I have tried different templates but the problem persists. Any ideas please? The website is www.aprilpinks.com and is till in development - therefore still in design!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #80065 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I think that you'll maybe find your answer there :

You need to remove the code:
#hikashop_checkout_page .hikashop_product_price_full {
text-align: left;
}
from the CSS file of HikaShop.

For the quantity elements, it's the CSS:
.hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_product_quantity_field, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_refresh, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_value .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_delete {
float: left;
}
.hikashop_cart_product_quantity_delete, .hikashop_cart_product_quantity_refresh, .hikashop_product_quantity_field {
float: left;
}


Hope this will help you.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80069 by dcs2
Thank you - I will look at that. Is there any reason why that would affect IE8 and not Firefox, Safari?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #80093 by Xavier
It's due to IE, they don't interpret the HTML like the other browsers.
We often have problems with it to be compatible and have a nice display.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dcs2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #80195 by dcs2
Thanks Mohamed - very helpful. I took up your ideas and looked at the code using Firebug in Firebox. I found that the classes for the Image , Name unit Price etc namely
hikashop_cart_product_price_title,hikashop_cart_product_name_title, hikashop_cart_product_quantity_title , hikashop_cart_product_total_title, hikashop_cart_product_image_title were not defined in the css.

I seearched on my download file and they weren't there either. When I defined the classes the layout lined up perfectly. Somehow Safari and Fiurefox must do this intuitively! Hope this helps someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by dcs2. Reason: mistake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum