Wrong price by copy product
When I make use of the copy function in products the price is wrong displayed in the product at the end.
The strange think is at the "front end" of the product the price is OK.
When I delete the product and make a new product under the same name the problem is still there. :huh:
See also the attachedments for a better understanding.
I hope you have a solution for it.
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The price is not link to the product name or the product code.
If you delete the product and create a new one, you have to specify a product price so, the problem should be in another place.
Could you provide a screenshot of the product that you copy and the product copied ? (backend).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
here the screenshots you asked for.
I hope you have a solution for my problem.
Thanks for your time,
Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end for testing purpose ? then I'll maybe be able to reproduce the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Is there news on my problem?
I hope to heard from you soon.
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I found a workaround.
First you copy your product, delete de price and save it.
Then fill in the new price and save again.
Then the price is OK.
Its not a nice solution but it works.
I hope you have a final solution to this.
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
I tried to copy one of your products and the price is displaying well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You are right when you only copy the product you have the same price.
But now I change the price from 14,50 tot 17,50 first (front page, new product) the price is OK but when I go to the product it self the price is still 14,50.
Only for making a copy ots works fine, but when I want to change the price its not OK.
Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
We found the problem. Replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php by the one in the archive below and that should fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is still a problem with copy a product.
When the code of the product (artikel) is changed, for better understanding, it is not changed in the order in the backend (see attachments).
Looks the same problem as the price.
Best regards,
Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That's not related.
The code, the name and the price of the product are directly stored in the order. That way, if you delete a product because you don't need it anymore, the order and the invoices still display the product name and code and still use the price of the product at the moment of the purchase.
So it's not a bug, it's a feature
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thats a good reason to it that way.
When you make a copy I think its better to lock the code or make a new code and not use the old code with an extention.
Now I have two codes for one new product/artikel Kledingsetje Schattig: 30 Kledingsetje_Rosalie_1_copy826109501 = Kledingsetje_Schattig. two codes for one product!
I find it confusing because I use the copy function to make new products what have only partial a relation with the first/original product.
Thanks for your fast responds on friday evening (-;
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
A quick extra remark:
When I click on the code name, the product is viewed (in the order menu backend / product list)
When I click the green arrow button, I go to a empty window.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Otherwise, you get the product edition page.
Product codes have to be unique. So, if you duplicate a product, a new product code has to be dynamically generated for the copy. I don't see why that is a problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm sorry that I answer you question.
I think how hikashop it is doing now can be confusing for the costumers.
Sometime they get not only the productname but also the code.
The code is the new name + copyed name + a number.
example: A new product is called "kledingsetje schattig" and it is a copy of "kledingsetje rosalie"
When you see as a costumer the invoice you see a combination of the names (see attachments)
I hope you understand my problem with it.
Best regards, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Then why not simply turn off the display of product codes in the configuration ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks, Gerard
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.