- Posts: 59
- Thank you received: 2
HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
13 years 5 months ago #97958
by d2dpcs
HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders was created by d2dpcs
I've been using HikaShop and HikaSerial to automatically e-mail gift card numbers to customers who checkout through the PayPal plugin. It stopped 'confirming' orders about a week ago. I switched hosts from GoDaddy shared hosting to my Rochen reseller hosting thinking that the site's database may be too big to function well on GoDaddy. It is still not confirming orders triggering the e-mail to my customers. My site's error logs don't show any PayPal errors. PayPal just appears to not be communicating back to HikaShop. I can provide admin access to a mod.
Thanks,
Eric
Thanks,
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97960
by d2dpcs
Replied by d2dpcs on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
What hosting is recommended to use HikaShop/HikaSerial successfully? VPS? I have 5000 used/unused serials in HikaSerial so far and growing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97967
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Hi,
The database could store a quite huge number of serial without any problem. The serial table is not a big table compared to some other tables like the order table or the product table.
Do you receive some emails from Paypal saying that the notification does not work properly ?
You said that you don't have any paypal error in your log but, do you have some paypal calls in the web server logs ? What is the HTTP return code for this pages ?
Some times an extension could redirect the paypal, like plugins for translations or SEF plugins.
You can read more about this problem here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...al-error.html#status
Regards,
The database could store a quite huge number of serial without any problem. The serial table is not a big table compared to some other tables like the order table or the product table.
Do you receive some emails from Paypal saying that the notification does not work properly ?
You said that you don't have any paypal error in your log but, do you have some paypal calls in the web server logs ? What is the HTTP return code for this pages ?
Some times an extension could redirect the paypal, like plugins for translations or SEF plugins.
You can read more about this problem here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...al-error.html#status
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #97971
by d2dpcs
Replied by d2dpcs on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Yes, I am getting some e-mails from PayPal about notifications not working properly. No PayPal related errors in my server's error log.
Is this what you mean by HTTP return code
www.needcardsnow.com/index.php?option=co...pl=component&lang=en
I'm not using any translation or SEF plugins. The only thing I addd was ACYmailing about the time this issue came up. I'll uninstall it.
I'll also check the documentation link you mentioned.
Do you have a recommended hosting company/package anyways? I personally have a Rochen reseller account, but the client already had a GoDaddy account,
EDIT: I moved the site to my Rochen account and have the same issues. I've since made the site offline while troubleshooting the issue.
Thanks,
Eric
Is this what you mean by HTTP return code
www.needcardsnow.com/index.php?option=co...pl=component&lang=en
I'm not using any translation or SEF plugins. The only thing I addd was ACYmailing about the time this issue came up. I'll uninstall it.
I'll also check the documentation link you mentioned.
Do you have a recommended hosting company/package anyways? I personally have a Rochen reseller account, but the client already had a GoDaddy account,
EDIT: I moved the site to my Rochen account and have the same issues. I've since made the site offline while troubleshooting the issue.
Thanks,
Eric
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by d2dpcs.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97998
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Hi,
If I try to open the url
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I have a message
So, notification from paypal could not work.
Regards,
If I try to open the url
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.
I have a message
Which means that it is not possible to access to the notification without be logged in the website.This site is down for maintenance for the weekend.
We are upgrading servers as some orders are not sending gift card numbers automatically. We will notify you when the site is back up.
So, notification from paypal could not work.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97999
by d2dpcs
Replied by d2dpcs on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Yes, I understand. My client's customers were used to receiving their purchased gift cards within a couple seconds of PayPal verification. It was real nice.
At the direction of my client, I made the site offline until the problem is resolved. Whether it by the host (tried two) or a conflict with HikaShop/Serial.
I'll temporarily make the site online. I'll PM you login info. Keep in mind that if you attempt to check out with PayPal, you will likely be charged. My client will reimburse you.
At the direction of my client, I made the site offline until the problem is resolved. Whether it by the host (tried two) or a conflict with HikaShop/Serial.
I'll temporarily make the site online. I'll PM you login info. Keep in mind that if you attempt to check out with PayPal, you will likely be charged. My client will reimburse you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98073
by d2dpcs
Replied by d2dpcs on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Jerome,
A little more assistance is appreciated. I PM'd you joomla admin info. I have been recovering from surgery (hand/typing issues) while my client's site has not been 'confirming' for 3 weeks now. Here is a sample from an e-mail he receives:
Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the IP xx.xxx.xxx.xx is not in the list of valid IPs :
23.47.146.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*
I noticed that your 'Refresh IPs' in the HikaShop plugin changed to the following:
23.8.34.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*
Could the first IP have made my site not 'confirm' PayPal payments? I'm just drawing straws at this moment.
Thanks,
Eric
A little more assistance is appreciated. I PM'd you joomla admin info. I have been recovering from surgery (hand/typing issues) while my client's site has not been 'confirming' for 3 weeks now. Here is a sample from an e-mail he receives:
Hello,
A Paypal notification was refused because the IP xx.xxx.xxx.xx is not in the list of valid IPs :
23.47.146.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*
I noticed that your 'Refresh IPs' in the HikaShop plugin changed to the following:
23.8.34.*
173.0.81.*
173.0.82.*
Could the first IP have made my site not 'confirm' PayPal payments? I'm just drawing straws at this moment.
Thanks,
Eric
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98115
by d2dpcs
Replied by d2dpcs on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
I apparently fixed it. I'll update later if I did indeed fix it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #98242
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic HikaShop/HikaSerial stopped 'confirming' orders
Hi,
The Paypal IPs could change that's why in some cases when recommend to not use the IP filter (leave it empty).
At this moment, the plugin would check the signature (as always) but would not check if the IP is in your list.
Regards,
The Paypal IPs could change that's why in some cases when recommend to not use the IP filter (leave it empty).
At this moment, the plugin would check the signature (as always) but would not check if the IP is in your list.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds