Skip to main content

Change username

More
13 years 3 months ago #109301 by Sjaak
Change username was created by Sjaak
One of my users wants to change his username. He contacted me because he can't.
I can't find how to do that either.

How can someone change his username?

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109304 by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Change username
Hi there,

You have to create a Hikashop user panel menu.
From this menu you'll be able to edit your informations.
Or you can do it manually as an administrator from the backend :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109312 by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Change username
Hello Elliot,

Thank you for your quick reply.
I do have user panel menu.
My users can edit all kinds of information about themselves but they can't change their username.
Is the username hardcoded or do I need to change a setting somewhere to give my users ability to change their username?

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109317 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Change username
Hi,

That's not HikaShop which handles users but Joomla, and Joomla doesn't allow for that. You'll have to modify joomla:
www.orware.com/blog/tips-and-how-tos/joo...rnames-in-joomla-2-5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109320 by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Change username
Hi Nicolas,

Well that is strange. When I go to my menu manager to edit the 'Edit your account'-menu item then I get this information about the menu item:

Menu item: 'Edit your account' ....... Menu item type: HikaShop > Rigstration form

This is the link this menu item uses: index.php?option=com_hikashop&view=user&layout=cpanel

Isn't that HikaShop?
Where am I going wrong?

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109415 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic Change username
Hi,

HikaShop includes a registration view so we can ask for more information during the registration process (like the address).
But it does not mean that HikaShop manages the Joomla accounts.

Please look at the link given by Nicolas. It explain how modify Joomla and how access to the Joomla user profile in the front-end.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #109457 by Sjaak
Replied by Sjaak on topic Change username
Ok, that is clear. I understand.
I followed the instructions in that page but the username still cannot be changed by users.

I will change usernames upon request in the backend until I find a solution.

Sjaak

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum