- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
How to just display the categories...
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 2 months ago #115666
by shargraves
How to just display the categories... was created by shargraves
I'm a noob - I admit - I've been trying to just display categories so people don't see the products underneath - but I cannot fathom how to stop them displaying under the categories -
This bit is great:
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/products
Just what I want - however - If I click the next bit - anything with a sub category has the products underneath it - eg
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/products/table-lamps
It has the categories for table lamps - and then products underneath!
Please help - I don't want them to appear - what do I turn off - is it a module, is it an article, is it a link in the menu under hikashop options - I've read so many help pages - my brain is leaking.
This bit is great:
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/products
Just what I want - however - If I click the next bit - anything with a sub category has the products underneath it - eg
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/products/table-lamps
It has the categories for table lamps - and then products underneath!
Please help - I don't want them to appear - what do I turn off - is it a module, is it an article, is it a link in the menu under hikashop options - I've read so many help pages - my brain is leaking.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115682
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic How to just display the categories...
Hi there,
The module displaying these product is the one with the id 160. You can either unpublish it (in Hikashop Display>Content Module) or disable the link between this module and your menu.
To do so, go in Display>Content Menu, open the menu with the id 515 and set nothing for the "Associated modules" option.
The module displaying these product is the one with the id 160. You can either unpublish it (in Hikashop Display>Content Module) or disable the link between this module and your menu.
To do so, go in Display>Content Menu, open the menu with the id 515 and set nothing for the "Associated modules" option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargraves
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #115699
by shargraves
Replied by shargraves on topic How to just display the categories...
That's what I was having problems with - id 160 is not published! I keep setting it to have no associated modules too - but they still appear.
I keep trying that - and it's not changing anything!
I keep trying that - and it's not changing anything!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115705
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic How to just display the categories...
The module showing is now the one with the id 165.
You can knwo this by doing a right click on it, using th "inspect element" function of your browser, and looking at the divs' id.
You can knwo this by doing a right click on it, using th "inspect element" function of your browser, and looking at the divs' id.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargraves
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #115746
by shargraves
Replied by shargraves on topic How to just display the categories...
I noticed that I had a few modules there - although none published - all associating themselves with menu id 515 - so I deleted them
Naturally my joy was short lived - as although they did not appear under the categories - the products don't appear AT ALL!
ha ha
Ah well - I will look into this again in the morning. (I do like the hikashop system though - I'm a joomla guy, and have been looking for a reliable store with good support after using oscommerce and shopfactory to varying levels of success in the past.
I've rebuilt the links - still couldn't work out how to stop it displaying products under categories - even when it was unpublished!
Naturally my joy was short lived - as although they did not appear under the categories - the products don't appear AT ALL!
ha ha
Ah well - I will look into this again in the morning. (I do like the hikashop system though - I'm a joomla guy, and have been looking for a reliable store with good support after using oscommerce and shopfactory to varying levels of success in the past.
I've rebuilt the links - still couldn't work out how to stop it displaying products under categories - even when it was unpublished!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115753
by tuxor
Replied by tuxor on topic How to just display the categories...
Hi i would like to do all you did in your website, first post the main categories, next the sub categories and at the end the products.
How did you do all these things in your website?
can you help me?
How did you do all these things in your website?
can you help me?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115796
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic How to just display the categories...
Actually unpublishing the module is not the solution.
What you really have to do is play with the "attached module" option of our menus, this will allow you to display what you really want.
@tuxor: You should take a look at those two documentations
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-menus-form.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...op-modules-form.html
What you really have to do is play with the "attached module" option of our menus, this will allow you to display what you really want.
@tuxor: You should take a look at those two documentations
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-menus-form.html
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...op-modules-form.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargraves
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #115797
by shargraves
Replied by shargraves on topic How to just display the categories...
I'm still trying to get it all to work myself! But here goes.
Once the products are all in the hikashop module - go to your main menu - add a new link, and in the link type, under the hikashop options choose category list (or product list if it's the sub category) and then choose the category (or products) you want to link to.
I made mistakes and had products displaying under categories - yet I didn't set up any associated modules - so I don't know how I went wrong!
Now my product displays are all going wrong...
Back to the drawing board still!
I don't speak spanish very well.
Once the products are all in the hikashop module - go to your main menu - add a new link, and in the link type, under the hikashop options choose category list (or product list if it's the sub category) and then choose the category (or products) you want to link to.
I made mistakes and had products displaying under categories - yet I didn't set up any associated modules - so I don't know how I went wrong!
Now my product displays are all going wrong...
Back to the drawing board still!
I don't speak spanish very well.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #115811
by shargraves
Replied by shargraves on topic How to just display the categories...
Hi again Eliot - (thanks so much for the help!) I've almost got the thing working - I've redone my links - Now the only product that displays OK - is the first one in the 8" table lamps section - and everything other product goes a bit odd.
I can't figure out why one should display fine, while the rest... Ah!
Obviously I want everything to display the same way - and it's closer to the look of the first product - not everything else!
I can't figure out why one should display fine, while the rest... Ah!
Obviously I want everything to display the same way - and it's closer to the look of the first product - not everything else!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #115846
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic How to just display the categories...
Your products look good on my end
.
What's the issue? Could you do a screenshot?
What's the issue? Could you do a screenshot?
The following user(s) said Thank You: shargraves
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- shargraves
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #115882
by shargraves
Replied by shargraves on topic How to just display the categories...
Well - this looks OK
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/product...er-design-table-lamp
but all other products look like this
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/product...e-pattern-table-lamp
So I don't know why the other ones aren't following the same display as the first product!
What have I done!
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/product...er-design-table-lamp
but all other products look like this
www.just-tiffany.co.uk/index.php/product...e-pattern-table-lamp
So I don't know why the other ones aren't following the same display as the first product!
What have I done!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #115896
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic How to just display the categories...
Hi,
Can you show me how did you set your 2 product description through some screenshots ? Also can you try to temporary put the description of your second product in your first product and see if it changes something ?
Thanks
.
Can you show me how did you set your 2 product description through some screenshots ? Also can you try to temporary put the description of your second product in your first product and see if it changes something ?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds