- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
Shopping cart clears after registration or login
14 years 3 days ago #67511
by nathan
Shopping cart clears after registration or login was created by nathan
Hi there,
My client has purchased HikaShop Essential v1.6.0 and I've been trying to get it set up with her site running Joomla 1.5.26 but have come across what I can only guess is a bug.
Basically if I add a product to the cart as a customer when not logged in, when I get to checkout and either Register or Login, I get returned to the products page with a message that "The cart is empty" and have to start again. It works the second time around once I'm logged in.
You can have a look at it yourself here - www.celebrantstraining.com.au/books-new
I've tried various setups of the Configuration and the only time it doesn't happen is if I set Registration to "No Registration", which is no good as I have downloadable products to sell.
I also look after another site running HikaShop Business 1.5.4 on Joomla 1.7.3 and have tested doing the same thing on it with no problems. I login and it reloads the checkout page with my product still in the cart.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help as this problem is stopping the shop from going live.
Thanks
Nathan
My client has purchased HikaShop Essential v1.6.0 and I've been trying to get it set up with her site running Joomla 1.5.26 but have come across what I can only guess is a bug.
Basically if I add a product to the cart as a customer when not logged in, when I get to checkout and either Register or Login, I get returned to the products page with a message that "The cart is empty" and have to start again. It works the second time around once I'm logged in.
You can have a look at it yourself here - www.celebrantstraining.com.au/books-new
I've tried various setups of the Configuration and the only time it doesn't happen is if I set Registration to "No Registration", which is no good as I have downloadable products to sell.
I also look after another site running HikaShop Business 1.5.4 on Joomla 1.7.3 and have tested doing the same thing on it with no problems. I login and it reloads the checkout page with my product still in the cart.
I'd really appreciate any suggestions or help as this problem is stopping the shop from going live.
Thanks
Nathan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 3 days ago #67520
by nathan
Replied by nathan on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Just an update on this...
The client wants to go live with the "No Registration" option and without the downloadable products until this is sorted out so I have set up a copy of the site where registration is enabled to demonstrate the problem...
www.celebrantstraining.com.au/dev/books-new
The client wants to go live with the "No Registration" option and without the downloadable products until this is sorted out so I have set up a copy of the site where registration is enabled to demonstrate the problem...
www.celebrantstraining.com.au/dev/books-new
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 days ago #67608
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Hi,
That will happen if the user synchronization plugin has been disabled via the joomla plugins manager.
So please check on that.
Also, it can happen in some rare cases because of the configuration of your server. You can try to change the session handler option of the joomla configuration to solve that in such cases.
That will happen if the user synchronization plugin has been disabled via the joomla plugins manager.
So please check on that.
Also, it can happen in some rare cases because of the configuration of your server. You can try to change the session handler option of the joomla configuration to solve that in such cases.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 2 days ago #67650
by nathan
Replied by nathan on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Thanks Nicolas, it turns out the plugin was disabled.
I should say though, I hadn't disabled it, that was how it was installed and i"m guessing it should have been installed enabled?
Thanks again
I should say though, I hadn't disabled it, that was how it was installed and i"m guessing it should have been installed enabled?
Thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 12 hours ago #67894
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
That plugin is enabled by default as far as I know. Otherwise, we would get lots of support regarding the fact that the cart get lost during the checkout when you register.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113972
by code7
Replied by code7 on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Hi guys,
I seem to be having this issue too if anyone can help.
Checked the plugin, it was on. Turned it on and off again to be certain.
Also tried changing the session handler and no luck. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
I seem to be having this issue too if anyone can help.
Checked the plugin, it was on. Turned it on and off again to be certain.
Also tried changing the session handler and no luck. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114049
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Hi,
Do you have the latest version oh HikaShop ?
Can you try to re-install it over the current install ?
Do you have the latest version oh HikaShop ?
Can you try to re-install it over the current install ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114141
by code7
Replied by code7 on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Hi there,
it is the latest version and after the re-install the same thing is happening I'm afraid.
it is the latest version and after the re-install the same thing is happening I'm afraid.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114179
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
Hi,
I don't know anything else that the session handler and the plugin being unpublished which could cause a loss of the cart during login or registration.
So I'm a bit out of ideas. Do you have special system or user plugins installed and enabled ? What if you disable them one by one ? Maybe you can find that one of the plugins is creating the problem.
I don't know anything else that the session handler and the plugin being unpublished which could cause a loss of the cart during login or registration.
So I'm a bit out of ideas. Do you have special system or user plugins installed and enabled ? What if you disable them one by one ? Maybe you can find that one of the plugins is creating the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114263
by code7
Replied by code7 on topic Re: Shopping cart clears after registration or login
No you're right, it was the easyblog users plugin causing the issue.
Thanks for the point in the right direction.
Thanks for the point in the right direction.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds