- Posts: 151
- Thank you received: 9
How to change e-mail address in order?
13 years 10 months ago #74332
by Maurice
How to change e-mail address in order? was created by Maurice
Hi,
I only use the e-mail field and the name field for user registration.
I have a customer that ordered something and after the order his e-mail address changed.
Now I need to change the e-mail address in the order, because it contains a downloadlink and the e-mail with this link has not been received yet.
But in the backend I cannot change the e-mail address.
See the backend when the order is opened:
Then I click the Change button and the popup opens:
Nothing there to change the e-mail address.
Please advice.
Kind regards,
Maurice
I only use the e-mail field and the name field for user registration.
I have a customer that ordered something and after the order his e-mail address changed.
Now I need to change the e-mail address in the order, because it contains a downloadlink and the e-mail with this link has not been received yet.
But in the backend I cannot change the e-mail address.
See the backend when the order is opened:
Then I click the Change button and the popup opens:
Nothing there to change the e-mail address.
Please advice.
Kind regards,
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #74448
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: How to change e-mail address in order?
Hi,
If the customer changed his email address, to send the mail again you can change the order status to what you want, don't notify the customer, and then change the status again to "confirmed" and click on "Yes" to notify the customer.
Then the email will be sent to the new email address.
If the customer changed his email address, to send the mail again you can change the order status to what you want, don't notify the customer, and then change the status again to "confirmed" and click on "Yes" to notify the customer.
Then the email will be sent to the new email address.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #74507
by Maurice
Replied by Maurice on topic Re: How to change e-mail address in order?
Hi Xavier,
The customer changed the e-mailaddress, but not in the shop. So he didn't get the confirmation e-mail.
So the question is, how do I change the e-mail address in the order? Because if I change it in the customer settings, it won't be changed in the order.
I'm sorry if I was unclear about that.
Maurice
The customer changed the e-mailaddress, but not in the shop. So he didn't get the confirmation e-mail.
So the question is, how do I change the e-mail address in the order? Because if I change it in the customer settings, it won't be changed in the order.
I'm sorry if I was unclear about that.
Maurice
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #74543
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: How to change e-mail address in order?
If you change the address in the customer settings, it will change the contact address in the order.
When you are in the order form (in the backend) click on the arrow next to the user id and change the email address here, then it will be changed in the order.
With the previous method, you can change the "To address" field in the mail to notify the customer.
When you are in the order form (in the backend) click on the arrow next to the user id and change the email address here, then it will be changed in the order.
With the previous method, you can change the "To address" field in the mail to notify the customer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds