- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Address Zone Defaulting to French States
- Renee.Imhoff
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 10 months ago #75103
by Renee.Imhoff
Address Zone Defaulting to French States was created by Renee.Imhoff
Hello,
I have my Main Tax Zone set as United States in the Hikashop Configuration, but for some reason in the address collection the State dropdown is defaulting to French states. I have unpublished all countries except for the US, and I've tried changing the settings in the custom fields under address_state. It won't allow any states except the French ones. This is very frustrating please help.
Thank you.
I have my Main Tax Zone set as United States in the Hikashop Configuration, but for some reason in the address collection the State dropdown is defaulting to French states. I have unpublished all countries except for the US, and I've tried changing the settings in the custom fields under address_state. It won't allow any states except the French ones. This is very frustrating please help.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75175
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
In HikaShop > Display > Custom Fields, edit the country field and change the default value of this one.
In HikaShop > Display > Custom Fields, edit the country field and change the default value of this one.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Renee.Imhoff
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 10 months ago #75385
by Renee.Imhoff
Replied by Renee.Imhoff on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Change it to what? The only option for the default value is United States. It's already set as US but it's not recognizing the US states.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75445
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
No, the default value of the country is set to France.
It's just that since you unpublished all countries except the USA, you don't see them anymore in the dropdown so your browser selects the USA as it's the only option in there.
So just save the address_country with the USA selected and that should then work.
It's just that since you unpublished all countries except the USA, you don't see them anymore in the dropdown so your browser selects the USA as it's the only option in there.
So just save the address_country with the USA selected and that should then work.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75533
by nmanek
Replied by nmanek on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
I would like to remove the default completely and just force the user to select one because my customer can be anywhere in the world so there isn't really a default value.
But in the address_country it forces me to select something - can this be changed?
thanks!
I would like to remove the default completely and just force the user to select one because my customer can be anywhere in the world so there isn't really a default value.
But in the address_country it forces me to select something - can this be changed?
thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75780
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
Sure, simply create a country zone without any name via the menu System>Zones.
Sure, simply create a country zone without any name via the menu System>Zones.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #75891
by nmanek
Replied by nmanek on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Ok, I tried that. But then it lets me select a blank country which is not what I want! And then when user tries to check out there is no Country and therefore no shipping options.
I am thinking I will just have to pick a default but perhaps you would consider this for a future version of the software? I guess most international sellers would be similar with no default country.
Thanks
I am thinking I will just have to pick a default but perhaps you would consider this for a future version of the software? I guess most international sellers would be similar with no default country.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 10 months ago #76073
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
We add it on our TODO list.
We add it on our TODO list.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97012
by greniers
Replied by greniers on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
I have a similar problem but for Quebec in Canada. The default country is set to Canada and the Provinces (States) appear in English. In the province of Quebec the language is french. The Quebec is French in an English/French country Canada. What to do to get the french Province (State) by default ?
I think it would be a good idea to add a language selector option that get the languages from the "language manager" - "content" menu.
There is only two country configured, Canada and United States, I need to set the default to "Canada" "Quebec" in French.
Thank you for your help
I have a similar problem but for Quebec in Canada. The default country is set to Canada and the Provinces (States) appear in English. In the province of Quebec the language is french. The Quebec is French in an English/French country Canada. What to do to get the french Province (State) by default ?
I think it would be a good idea to add a language selector option that get the languages from the "language manager" - "content" menu.
There is only two country configured, Canada and United States, I need to set the default to "Canada" "Quebec" in French.
Thank you for your help
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97070
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Hi,
Your problem is totally different from this thread.
The issue raised here was about not displaying the states of France.
You want to have the states displayed in the dropdown to be translated based on the current language of the website.
In that case, you can simply edit the zones you want to translate via the Falang/JoomFish interface.
Your problem is totally different from this thread.
The issue raised here was about not displaying the states of France.
You want to have the states displayed in the dropdown to be translated based on the current language of the website.
In that case, you can simply edit the zones you want to translate via the Falang/JoomFish interface.
The following user(s) said Thank You: greniers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110446
by markV
Replied by markV on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Is this something that has a rough release date please?
Thanks
Mark
Thanks
Mark
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110640
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Address Zone Defaulting to French States
Not yet. It's still on our todo list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: markV
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds