- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
individual css styling
- paddyrolls
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 6 months ago #93381
by paddyrolls
individual css styling was created by paddyrolls
HI
I was just wondering if it is possible to have individual styling for different category groups so that the product assigned to each category can be laid out differently.
Thanks
Patrick
I was just wondering if it is possible to have individual styling for different category groups so that the product assigned to each category can be laid out differently.
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93426
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic individual css styling
Hi Patrick,
You'll be able to do that by editing each category/product listing configuration page ("Hikashop->Display->Content menu->'YOUR PRODUCT/CATEGORY LISTING'"). And by using some CSS code
.
Hope this will help you a little.
You'll be able to do that by editing each category/product listing configuration page ("Hikashop->Display->Content menu->'YOUR PRODUCT/CATEGORY LISTING'"). And by using some CSS code
Hope this will help you a little.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paddyrolls
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 6 months ago #93689
by paddyrolls
Replied by paddyrolls on topic individual css styling
HI Mohamed
Sorry but I still don't understand how to achieve the customised css
I have the following setup....:
Category 1
Product 1
Product 2
Category 2
Product 3
Product 4
Is there a way to specify custom css files for the different category....
I can see the options under Configurations --> CSS, "Front-end CSS File" and "Styles for the front-end". But this controls the styling for the whole site.
I just can't figure out how to do it for individual categories.
Thanks
Sorry but I still don't understand how to achieve the customised css
I have the following setup....:
Category 1
Product 1
Product 2
Category 2
Product 3
Product 4
Is there a way to specify custom css files for the different category....
I can see the options under Configurations --> CSS, "Front-end CSS File" and "Styles for the front-end". But this controls the styling for the whole site.
I just can't figure out how to do it for individual categories.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 6 months ago #93832
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic individual css styling
You can send me a link to your website then I'll maybe be able to give you some CSS code ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- paddyrolls
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 6 months ago #93858
by paddyrolls
Replied by paddyrolls on topic individual css styling
HI Mohamed
I think you might be misunderstanding me. I am currently developing a brand new website and am in the planning phase. I was previously using redshop and with that component, I can specify different css styling for different categories and products from the frontend.
I just wanted to find out if in Hikashop this is possible as there is the frontend styling option under configuration. But this seems to control the whole site.
If i wanted to specify styling for each category/product, what would be the best approach using hikashop?
Thanks
Patrick
I think you might be misunderstanding me. I am currently developing a brand new website and am in the planning phase. I was previously using redshop and with that component, I can specify different css styling for different categories and products from the frontend.
I just wanted to find out if in Hikashop this is possible as there is the frontend styling option under configuration. But this seems to control the whole site.
If i wanted to specify styling for each category/product, what would be the best approach using hikashop?
Thanks
Patrick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93959
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic individual css styling
You cannot have different CSS files for different products in HikaShop.
However, you can have different product page for different products be it on a per product basis or on a per category basis or a mix of both.
You can select the layout you want to use with the "layout on product page" option of each product/category.
By default, you have three layouts (default, reversed and tabular). If you want to create additional ones or modify existing ones, you can go in the menu Display->Views and edit them. Search for "show_" in the search box there.
However, you can have different product page for different products be it on a per product basis or on a per category basis or a mix of both.
You can select the layout you want to use with the "layout on product page" option of each product/category.
By default, you have three layouts (default, reversed and tabular). If you want to create additional ones or modify existing ones, you can go in the menu Display->Views and edit them. Search for "show_" in the search box there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #94121
by markspend1
Replied by markspend1 on topic individual css styling
Hello Guys according to the topic of css styling i think that css is developed mainly to allow the separating of papers content such as components such as the structure, shades, and print designs.here are three types of css styles:
inline styles
embedded styles
external styles
inline styles
Code:
<a href="" style="text-decoration: none;">
Code:
<style type="text/css">
p { color: #00f; }
</style>
Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css" />
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Jerome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds