Skip to main content

direct debit payment method

More
13 years 5 months ago #98127 by Mat
Hi all,

I am wondering how we can deal with direct debit payments?

Perhaps one way is to create a custom payment method, let them select it and pretend the order was completed? I read I could create a custom payment method - can I get some example code?

I would then have the order complete but manually update it when we get the payment and ship the goods.

Thanks,

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #98200 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic direct debit payment method
Hi,

Why not use the already made payment methods ?
In the options, you can set the order status.

By direct debit payment, what do you mean ? Via Credit card, or bank transfert , .. ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #98464 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method
Bank transfer.

I want the user to be given the option of a bank transfer where we display our bank account details and once done we consider the order complete (they see the thank you message, the cart is emptied) but unpaid. Then when we get the money we complete the order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #98563 by Jerome
Replied by Jerome on topic direct debit payment method
Hi,

HikaShop already have a "bank transfer" plugin.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #98608 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method
OK great - that appears to be what I needed. I also note that the sale order status is created not confirmed just as I would hope.

I switched the plugin on and restricted the access level so I can test it.

In the checkout the bank transfer options appears and the text says 'You can pay by sending us a bank transfer.'
but the Bank Account Information does not? Am I meant to cut and paste that info across?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Mat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #98659 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic direct debit payment method
The bank account information that you enter in the plugin will be displayed at the end of the checkout.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99088 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method

nicolas wrote: The bank account information that you enter in the plugin will be displayed at the end of the checkout.


Hi Nicolas - it isn't.
Supposing I customised some of the views which one might I have messed with? checkout / end.php or checkout / after_end.php

I do get the thank you information being displayed and the order is generated and the emails sent.

It might also be worth displaying our bank account details on their order email as well right?

How can I do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99176 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic direct debit payment method
It is normally displayed in the checkout/end.php file.

You can add the bank account information in the emails via the menu System>Emails by editing the order creation notification email.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #99285 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method
thank you - yep - i over wrote that = cheers.

In end.php it outputs $this->html where is that generated so that I can edit that output?
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Mat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99370 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic direct debit payment method
Hi,

To change the output you have to edit the xxx_end.php file of the payment method.
For example, to change the output after a bank transfer payment, you have to edit the file "plugins/hikashoppayment/banktransfer/banktransfer_end.php".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99460 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method
thanks i found it for the display.

How can I tell they paid by bank transfer so that I know to show the bank account information on the order email?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99581 by nicolas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #99855 by Mat
Replied by Mat on topic direct debit payment method
thanks for all the help it seems to be working great :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum