Skip to main content

Apply coupon to variants? Possible?

More
13 years 4 months ago #103372 by dlarge
Can you tell me if its possible to apply a coupon to Variants as I cannot seem to get it to work. On test I just get the message The coupon you entered cannot be used for the products in your cart. As it is for a bookshop nearly all the products have variants "paperback" and "hardback" and the client wants to offer discounts at a flate rate for both.

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #103404 by Jerome
Hi,

It is possible to select a product for a coupon/discount. You can only select "main" products but you can not select a specific variant.
By selecting the main product, the coupon/discount will work for all variants of the product.
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...rm.html#restrictions

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #103934 by dlarge
So just to confirm all my books that have the variants paperback and hardback I cannot apply a flat rate discount to? Is there anyway round this other to seperate them into two different main products?

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #103975 by Jerome
Hi,

No.
When you create a coupon for a specific product. All of his variants are targeted too.

What is your HikaShop version ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #103990 by dlarge
At the moment it is only a couple of products so I can seperat them out but if they want to do more of a global discount then I can't imagine having to set up all the products again

I have the business version

Thanks for your replies

Dave
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by dlarge. Reason: predictiv text got my name wrong!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #104063 by nicolas
Then the best would be to not set the restriction in the coupon and instead create a small HikaShop plugin and implement in it the onAfterCouponCheck
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...l#onAfterCouponCheck to add a check no the product_type of the products in the cart via custom code. That will require the help of a developer if you don't know programming but it should be way cheaper than setting up again all the products...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110392 by beanman1
I know this topic is a little old, but I'm trying to do the same thing as the original poster except I'm selling CDs & DVDs.

I'm running HikaShop Essentials btw.

I'm wanting to generate coupon codes for digital items which are currently listed as variants of their physical parent product. I don't want to leave it open for the customer to buy a cheaper version of the product and then download the more expensive variant. At the same time, I don't want to clutter my store with 20 individual entries for 1 product line.

Any ideas on how to get this done by someone with no programming experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #110394 by nicolas
This has nothing to do with this thread.
This thread is about restricting coupons/discounts to variants of products.

What you want to do is generate coupons after the purchase of variants.
What you want to do can be done with the coupon generator system of HikaSerial:
www.hikashop.com/en/hikashop/139-hikaser...-coupongen-form.html
You don't need programming skills for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum