- Posts: 56
- Thank you received: 1
PNG images too much weight
13 years 4 months ago #105253
by trik84
PNG images too much weight was created by trik84
Hi,
In my shop I use PNG image with transparent background 800x800px for product image, I know that is not the best choise because this image file is heavy, in my case about 100 to 250 Kb, but when I upload image on the server the original file weighs become 2,4Mb, independently from the original weighs.
Why ???
There is a solutions for this behavior ?
I am also willing to edit source files
Many thanks
In my shop I use PNG image with transparent background 800x800px for product image, I know that is not the best choise because this image file is heavy, in my case about 100 to 250 Kb, but when I upload image on the server the original file weighs become 2,4Mb, independently from the original weighs.
Why ???
There is a solutions for this behavior ?
I am also willing to edit source files
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105271
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic PNG images too much weight
Hi,
You can upload the files via ftp, and then in the product page select the file directly.
This will use the original file.
You can upload the files via ftp, and then in the product page select the file directly.
This will use the original file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105276
by trik84
Replied by trik84 on topic PNG images too much weight
Wow so quick and straightforward . . .
I hadn't thought of this solution, but only for curoisity, what is the problem that increase image file during the uploading process ?
Many thanks
I hadn't thought of this solution, but only for curoisity, what is the problem that increase image file during the uploading process ?
Many thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105277
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic PNG images too much weight
This should not change the image weight, it certainly come from the php library which is managing the images, maybe a different encoding type.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105280
by trik84
Replied by trik84 on topic PNG images too much weight
OK, there is a possibility to change the behavior of the upload utility that only upload the file without making any change on the file codification ?
I need only that the file is uploaded on the server without use particular image library.
For me is not a problem upload image via FTP on my site, but for some my customers it could be very difficult and dangerous.
I need only that the file is uploaded on the server without use particular image library.
For me is not a problem upload image via FTP on my site, but for some my customers it could be very difficult and dangerous.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105282
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic PNG images too much weight
It's probably because you entered an "image width/height" in the Images section of the configuration and thus the images are automatically resized to that size when you upload them.
Empty these options and it should not happen anymore for new images that you upload via the interface.
Empty these options and it should not happen anymore for new images that you upload via the interface.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #105284
by trik84
Replied by trik84 on topic PNG images too much weight
Ok, I'll try . . .
Many thanks, this support forum is fantastic . . .
Many thanks, this support forum is fantastic . . .
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds