VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #109946
by jan2
VAT - private person or/and company is confusing was created by jan2
Hello,
Since long time I have been searching why some people succeeded not to pay VAT when placing an order in our webshop (even they should pay VAT)
I discovered that when the company field is empty and the VAT field is also empty NO vat is added.
I can't remember me where to change these settings. So that private persons always pay VAT.
But when a private person fill in the company field and leave the VAT field empty I have a problem !
and no VAT is added
Mostly you see in other registration forms something like "Private person: YES/NO "
I hope you understand what I mean.
Since long time I have been searching why some people succeeded not to pay VAT when placing an order in our webshop (even they should pay VAT)
I discovered that when the company field is empty and the VAT field is also empty NO vat is added.
I can't remember me where to change these settings. So that private persons always pay VAT.
But when a private person fill in the company field and leave the VAT field empty I have a problem !
and no VAT is added
Mostly you see in other registration forms something like "Private person: YES/NO "
I hope you understand what I mean.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by jan2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109964
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
Hi,
Go in the menu System>Taxes and check that you tax rules apply to the correct groups of clients.
Also, please make sure that you didn't change the "default address type" option of the configuration (it should be individual) or it won't work properly.
Go in the menu System>Taxes and check that you tax rules apply to the correct groups of clients.
Also, please make sure that you didn't change the "default address type" option of the configuration (it should be individual) or it won't work properly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jan2
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109981
by jan2
Replied by jan2 on topic VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
I guess it is working now...
A new failure showed up now.
When entering an incorrect VAT number I get an error inside the same window (you see the error line + in the background the website) see attached picture
I Have the latest version of Hika 2.1.3
A new failure showed up now.
When entering an incorrect VAT number I get an error inside the same window (you see the error line + in the background the website) see attached picture
I Have the latest version of Hika 2.1.3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109986
by jan2
Replied by jan2 on topic VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
I just tried a correct VAT number from the Netherlands.
Even that is not working.
Also I found that I don't get an email anymore when receiving an order.
I can only get an email from Paypal.
Few days ago I installed an update (I guess since that I am facing these problems) I have 2.1.3 running now
Even that is not working.
Also I found that I don't get an email anymore when receiving an order.
I can only get an email from Paypal.
Few days ago I installed an update (I guess since that I am facing these problems) I have 2.1.3 running now
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #109987
by jan2
Replied by jan2 on topic VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
After changing the "VAT number check " from online check to Format check it is working again.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110002
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic VAT - private person or/and company is confusing
So, is everything okay in the end
?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds