- Posts: 38
- Thank you received: 0
how to create tabs in product page
13 years 3 months ago #111454
by vmrayner
how to create tabs in product page was created by vmrayner
Hi,
I have rpoducts configured with a tabular view and I can see that anything I put in the product description in the backend appears in the front end with a tab titled "description" which is great.
The problem I have is that for some products only, a second tab is appearing called "specifications" with no content in it.
I don't know where this came from.
All my products have a size variant attached with different prices applied to them so I can't understand 1. where this came from and 2. why it is only appearing on some products and not others.
I would actually like to use these different tabs but I can't find the documentation to control the tabs and content.
Can you please point me in the right direction?
thanks
Viv
I have rpoducts configured with a tabular view and I can see that anything I put in the product description in the backend appears in the front end with a tab titled "description" which is great.
The problem I have is that for some products only, a second tab is appearing called "specifications" with no content in it.
I don't know where this came from.
All my products have a size variant attached with different prices applied to them so I can't understand 1. where this came from and 2. why it is only appearing on some products and not others.
I would actually like to use these different tabs but I can't find the documentation to control the tabs and content.
Can you please point me in the right direction?
thanks
Viv
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 3 months ago #111456
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic how to create tabs in product page
Hi,
I think that you'll find more information about specifications there :
I think that you'll find more information about specifications there :
Front end : If set to yes, address and user customer fields will be used during the checkout process to ask more information about the customer. Product custom fields will be displayed as specifications on the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111700
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic Can't configure sub-cat and product pages to displ
It does not appear to be working.
Here is what I did:
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/shop-here
On this page I have a category info module carousel displayed at the top of the page rotating through the four main categories. (cat info mod 344)
I also have the product category menu displayed in an accordion style menu to the left. (cat info module 164)
The items displayed in the main area are cat info menu 387.
The side menu links correctly and displays the categories and products how I want them but the carousel menu seems to be linking to something else. The essential oils category image in the carousel is linking to the botanicals sub-category listing for some reason. I have tried to associate the carousel with the folloowing menus: Hikashop default menu category listing, Menu item for category listing module 164, and the "Shop here" menu item but nothing seems to work. Every image is linking to the incorrect category listing.
Can you please explain how this works because I can't figure it out.
thanks
Here is what I did:
www.vmrdesigns.com.au/test/SRL_design3/index.php/shop-here
On this page I have a category info module carousel displayed at the top of the page rotating through the four main categories. (cat info mod 344)
I also have the product category menu displayed in an accordion style menu to the left. (cat info module 164)
The items displayed in the main area are cat info menu 387.
The side menu links correctly and displays the categories and products how I want them but the carousel menu seems to be linking to something else. The essential oils category image in the carousel is linking to the botanicals sub-category listing for some reason. I have tried to associate the carousel with the folloowing menus: Hikashop default menu category listing, Menu item for category listing module 164, and the "Shop here" menu item but nothing seems to work. Every image is linking to the incorrect category listing.
Can you please explain how this works because I can't figure it out.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111725
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Can't configure sub-cat and product pages to displ
Hi,
Regarding the tabs, you can change the comportment by editing the view "product / show_tabular" to display or not the tab "Specifications".
Another solution could be to use the "show_default" layout and the plugin "tabs" : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../articles-tabs/14493
Regarding the tabs, you can change the comportment by editing the view "product / show_tabular" to display or not the tab "Specifications".
Another solution could be to use the "show_default" layout and the plugin "tabs" : extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-di.../articles-tabs/14493
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111826
by vmrayner
Replied by vmrayner on topic Can't configure sub-cat and product pages to displ
Thanks for information about creating and controlling the tabs.
Sorry about my last post. This obviously does not relate to this topic. Not sure how that happened but I will post it elsewhere.
Thanks
Sorry about my last post. This obviously does not relate to this topic. Not sure how that happened but I will post it elsewhere.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds