- Posts: 37
- Thank you received: 2
link the quantity field for 2 characteristics?
13 years 2 months ago #113678
by karlvann
link the quantity field for 2 characteristics? was created by karlvann
Hi, Let me know if this is a stupid question, I have everything just as I want it but one tweak would make my inventory handling much easier.
I sell mattresses, I have 2 variants on each mattress, variant 1 "size" and variant 2 "with or without base"
When somebody purchases variant 2 "without a base" I would like it to change the quantity of variant 1 "size" and vice versa, So I guess two characteristics would share 1 quantity field.
I tried to achieve the end result with options but it doesn't change dynamically so It's not possible..
I can understand if this isn't something that is possible but if there is a simple tweak I'd love to implement it, thanks for your time and wonderful product:)
I sell mattresses, I have 2 variants on each mattress, variant 1 "size" and variant 2 "with or without base"
When somebody purchases variant 2 "without a base" I would like it to change the quantity of variant 1 "size" and vice versa, So I guess two characteristics would share 1 quantity field.
I tried to achieve the end result with options but it doesn't change dynamically so It's not possible..
I can understand if this isn't something that is possible but if there is a simple tweak I'd love to implement it, thanks for your time and wonderful product:)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113738
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic link the quantity field for 2 characteristics?
Hi,
If you want all the variants of a product to share the same stock, simply leave their "quantity" field to "unlimited" and set the stock in the quantity field of the main product.
When a customer will then buy one of the variant the main product's stock will be updated.
If you want all the variants of a product to share the same stock, simply leave their "quantity" field to "unlimited" and set the stock in the quantity field of the main product.
When a customer will then buy one of the variant the main product's stock will be updated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds