- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Category Listing Module
13 years 2 months ago #113778
by Huski
Category Listing Module was created by Huski
I am trying to put a module on my shop which is listing the categories. I have done this ok as well as including how many products are under each category.
But when I click on the category name link, I get nothing.
I have found this documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
It is different to what I am seeing on my screen - there is no option for Associated Modules like in the help file. I am using Joomla 3 and using the lastest version of Hikashop.
Tried many things but its just not straight forward.
But when I click on the category name link, I get nothing.
I have found this documentation: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...splay-front-end.html
It is different to what I am seeing on my screen - there is no option for Associated Modules like in the help file. I am using Joomla 3 and using the lastest version of Hikashop.
Tried many things but its just not straight forward.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113808
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Category Listing Module
Hi,
The Association of the product listing module if for a category listing menu.
You have to configure your module to send the customer to a specific menu (the "menu" option in the module configuration).
At this moment, the customer will open a category listing menu and you can display the product listing module.
Regards,
The Association of the product listing module if for a category listing menu.
You have to configure your module to send the customer to a specific menu (the "menu" option in the module configuration).
At this moment, the customer will open a category listing menu and you can display the product listing module.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #113953
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Category Listing Module
Thanks
I am not sure what you mean - it is confusing.
What I have done is (in Joomla 3)
1. Extensions / Module Manager / New Module / Hikashop content Module
2. Click on Options / Basic Options / Hikashop Options
3. Type of Content - Category and I select the Associated Category and Save
This is showing the categories that I want in a Module in a Right position on my template in the shop. Each category has a clickable link and it shows the number of products in each category which is what I want.
But I click on the link and I go back to the home page of the website each time.
4. Now I have assigned a menu item - I have chosen the default Hikashop Menu called Categories Listing
Now I have it working except I want it to appear under my shop menu. Instead of being www.abc.com/shop/12-aircon-vent-covers it is now showing www.abc.com.au/hikashop-menu-for-categor...2-aircon-vent-covers
How do I get it to stay within my "shop" menu?
Thanks
I am not sure what you mean - it is confusing.
What I have done is (in Joomla 3)
1. Extensions / Module Manager / New Module / Hikashop content Module
2. Click on Options / Basic Options / Hikashop Options
3. Type of Content - Category and I select the Associated Category and Save
This is showing the categories that I want in a Module in a Right position on my template in the shop. Each category has a clickable link and it shows the number of products in each category which is what I want.
But I click on the link and I go back to the home page of the website each time.
4. Now I have assigned a menu item - I have chosen the default Hikashop Menu called Categories Listing
Now I have it working except I want it to appear under my shop menu. Instead of being www.abc.com/shop/12-aircon-vent-covers it is now showing www.abc.com.au/hikashop-menu-for-categor...2-aircon-vent-covers
How do I get it to stay within my "shop" menu?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114035
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Category Listing Module
To stay within your "shop" menu, you have to change the type of this menu and set it as a categories listing.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #114135
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Category Listing Module
I set Menu to the Shop menu item in the category module I created and that has solved it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds