Skip to main content

Editing existing selection field and the titles

More
5 years 3 months ago #333270 by Machka
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.27
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

Hi,
I changed some values of the given "Title" field under the config/display/extra fields
there was the selection for Mr, Mrs, Ms, Dr and so on. I wanted to change some values - see picture 1.
In the frontend the selection displays the variable value instead of the title. see pic 2.
How can this be solved?
Where do I need to take care in any form for an Mail or so on, so that the template uses the correct things I need to use?
Where do I have to change something into an Mail-Template or other forms, when I integrate some more custon fields (like company name, when "company" is selected... )

kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #333271 by nicolas
Hi,

If you use translation keys in your custom field "titles" then you need to add the translation overrides under the Languages tab of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
However, in most cases, the website is in only one language. In that case, you can directly enter the text you want to display in the "title" input field. By default, HikaShop has translation keys there because we need to display the title in the language of the website and thus it needs to be dynamic.
In the "value" input field, that's the value stored in the database.

Regarding the emails etc where the address is displayed, you can configure that with the "address format" setting, under the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ml#checkout_shipping
The following user(s) said Thank You: Machka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum