- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 0
Put product in "customer download area"
- fardinfard
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
10 years 10 months ago #220898
by fardinfard
Put product in "customer download area" was created by fardinfard
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Hello guys!
I had a question. Everything in my Hikashop is ok and work correctly. My products are virtual, actually my products are video type. After ordering we need time to make them ready and after that we should put their products in "customer download area". By menu I could add this option to my Main Menu and users can see this section in their panel. BUT still I don't know how to put the products in this area for users.
P.S: Each user will have different product and video. it means that non of the products are same. So we should be able to put each product separately for each user.
Thank you
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Hello guys!
I had a question. Everything in my Hikashop is ok and work correctly. My products are virtual, actually my products are video type. After ordering we need time to make them ready and after that we should put their products in "customer download area". By menu I could add this option to my Main Menu and users can see this section in their panel. BUT still I don't know how to put the products in this area for users.
P.S: Each user will have different product and video. it means that non of the products are same. So we should be able to put each product separately for each user.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
10 years 10 months ago #220941
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hello,
The products that will be listing on the download area, will be the virtual/downloadable products that are on your customer orders which have a "Paid" status.
So the solution can maybe be to directly add a product on your customer "Paid" order via "Hikashop->Orders" when your video will be ready.
The products that will be listing on the download area, will be the virtual/downloadable products that are on your customer orders which have a "Paid" status.
So the solution can maybe be to directly add a product on your customer "Paid" order via "Hikashop->Orders" when your video will be ready.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fardinfard
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 10 months ago #221063
by fardinfard
Replied by fardinfard on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hello dear Mohamed,
Thanks for your answer. I checked "orders" section, i chose a customer with "Confirmed" status. But still i can't see any option in order to upload video for him.
Where is this option or section?
Thank you
Thanks for your answer. I checked "orders" section, i chose a customer with "Confirmed" status. But still i can't see any option in order to upload video for him.
Where is this option or section?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 10 months ago #221102
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hi,
You can't use the customer download area for that.
In that case, I would rather recommend to create custom order fields via the menu Display>Custom fields so that when you edit the order, you can fill in these fields with the files you want to give to the customer. The customer will then be able to download the files in these fields on his order details page (and if you send him an email, he'll also get the links in there).
Please don't post questions on both medium. We're several persons doing the support and it just increase the workload for us and thus we need more time to answer and then everyone has to wait longer for our answers.
PS: please don't post your questions at the same time by email and the forum.
You can't use the customer download area for that.
In that case, I would rather recommend to create custom order fields via the menu Display>Custom fields so that when you edit the order, you can fill in these fields with the files you want to give to the customer. The customer will then be able to download the files in these fields on his order details page (and if you send him an email, he'll also get the links in there).
Please don't post questions on both medium. We're several persons doing the support and it just increase the workload for us and thus we need more time to answer and then everyone has to wait longer for our answers.
PS: please don't post your questions at the same time by email and the forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fardinfard
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago #226413
by fardinfard
Replied by fardinfard on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hi again.
I did whatever that you suggested me in order to put my downloadable file in "Customer download area".
I created a field for upload file in back-end and in order section. And now I can see this field in back-end. But the problem is that after attaching a file here and clicking on "Save" button nothing will be saved and again i will see this field empty!
What's the problem?
Here also I attached images for you to check my configuration.
"Deliver video" is the name of field that I created in order to upload customer's files (You can see in attached images).
And just for confirmation, if I upload file here in this field, can user see and download it by "Customer download space" area?
Thanks
I did whatever that you suggested me in order to put my downloadable file in "Customer download area".
I created a field for upload file in back-end and in order section. And now I can see this field in back-end. But the problem is that after attaching a file here and clicking on "Save" button nothing will be saved and again i will see this field empty!
What's the problem?
Here also I attached images for you to check my configuration.
"Deliver video" is the name of field that I created in order to upload customer's files (You can see in attached images).
And just for confirmation, if I upload file here in this field, can user see and download it by "Customer download space" area?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226610
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Replied by Jerome on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hi,
Can you please try to use an "ajax file" custom field instead ?
We know that the "file" custom field does not handle very well the re-edition in some cases.
Regards,
Can you please try to use an "ajax file" custom field instead ?
We know that the "file" custom field does not handle very well the re-edition in some cases.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fardinfard
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 60
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #226613
by fardinfard
Replied by fardinfard on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hi,
I used ajax file but same result. It can't attach any file!
What can I do now? I really need it.
Thanks
I used ajax file but same result. It can't attach any file!
What can I do now? I really need it.
Thanks
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by fardinfard.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #226678
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Put product in "customer download area"
Hi,
As I said before, you can't use the customer download area for that.
Even with the custom order field, you won't get the file you upload in the customer download area. You'll get it in the order details when you open the order via the order listing of the frontend.
Note that as per your server restrictions, you can't upload files bigger than 20M. Maybe it comes from that that it doesn't work ? Did you try with a small file ? Also, you're limited to the extensions that you allowed in the Files section of the HikaShop configuration so please check that.
As I said before, you can't use the customer download area for that.
Even with the custom order field, you won't get the file you upload in the customer download area. You'll get it in the order details when you open the order via the order listing of the frontend.
Note that as per your server restrictions, you can't upload files bigger than 20M. Maybe it comes from that that it doesn't work ? Did you try with a small file ? Also, you're limited to the extensions that you allowed in the Files section of the HikaShop configuration so please check that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds