Skip to main content

Choose Options Label?

More
15 years 8 months ago #6046 by hdracing
The new label, "Choose Options" (v1.4.4) that replaces "Add to cart" when characteristics are available for a product seems confusing. It really doesn't take you to the product page where you can choose an option, it still jumps to the shopping cart with default options (characteristics) set.

It's nice to have the lable there to indicate options are available, but as implemented, I think users would expect to be able to make a selection when the button is clicked.

Does that make sense?
Ed

BTW - Thanks for the new version!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6054 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Choose Options Label?
Thank you for the bug report. That's actually a problem only when you use normal button styling in the config under the tab display. With CSS styling on buttons, it works like you say it should (which is why we didn't see the problem).

You can edit the file quantity of the view product and change the line:
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CHOOSE_OPTIONS'),'choose_options',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('product&task=show&product_id='.$this->row->product_id.$this->itemid),'','');
to:
echo $this->cart->displayButton(JText::_('CHOOSE_OPTIONS'),'choose_options',$this->params,hikashop::completeLink('product&task=show&product_id='.$this->row->product_id.$this->itemid),'window.location = \''.hikashop::completeLink('product&task=show&product_id='.$this->row->product_id.$this->itemid).'\';return false;','');

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #6124 by hdracing
Replied by hdracing on topic Re: Choose Options Label?
Works Great!

Thanks again,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #114947 by tiger1178
Replied by tiger1178 on topic Re: Choose Options Label?
Hi, Nicolas,

Is this still a bug? I am using version 2.2.0 and I am having the same problem even I have changed button type from "Normal" to "CSS".

Can you tell me more about where to find the file quantity of the view product ?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jerry
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by tiger1178. Reason: provide more info.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #114948 by tiger1178
Replied by tiger1178 on topic Choose Options Label?
I made it work in case this will help others:

I found a item under Characteristics in the product has no value. After I deleted the Characteristic from the product. It works.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum