- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
Broken Update
- coolcatcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #43724
by coolcatcreative
Broken Update was created by coolcatcreative
Hi,
I have a site I've been building with HikaShop Business v 1.5.6.
I originally got Essential and an Essential-to-Business upgrade, so when I do a version update I do 2 updates, one right after the other.
Today I updated to 1.5.7, and the Essential part went fine, but after the Essential-to-Business update, the shop is bow broken.
The Checkout link brings up a blank page, and a product listing link will only display the page header h1 and nothing else, on a white page.
This is this way on both J 2.5.1 and J! 2.5.3.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this.
(For now I'll just revert to 1.5.6.)
Thanks,
Zoltan
I have a site I've been building with HikaShop Business v 1.5.6.
I originally got Essential and an Essential-to-Business upgrade, so when I do a version update I do 2 updates, one right after the other.
Today I updated to 1.5.7, and the Essential part went fine, but after the Essential-to-Business update, the shop is bow broken.
The Checkout link brings up a blank page, and a product listing link will only display the page header h1 and nothing else, on a white page.
This is this way on both J 2.5.1 and J! 2.5.3.
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this.
(For now I'll just revert to 1.5.6.)
Thanks,
Zoltan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43727
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Broken Update
Hi,
You don't need to install the Essential when you update. You can directly install the Business edition install package.
A blank page doesn't tell us much about the problem. If you still have the problem, could you turn on the "error reporting" of joomla to the max in the configuration of joomla and see if you have an error ?
If not, could you then please look at the php error log for the error message ?
You don't need to install the Essential when you update. You can directly install the Business edition install package.
A blank page doesn't tell us much about the problem. If you still have the problem, could you turn on the "error reporting" of joomla to the max in the configuration of joomla and see if you have an error ?
If not, could you then please look at the php error log for the error message ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- coolcatcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #43741
by coolcatcreative
Replied by coolcatcreative on topic Re: Broken Update
Hi Nicolas,
Here is the error I get when I have "Debug System" and "Debug Language" enabled:
500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1
**You may not be able to visit this page because of:**
**an out-of-date bookmark/favourite**
**a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site**
**a mistyped address**
**you have no access to this page**
**The requested resource was not found.**
**An error has occurred while processing your request.**
**Please try one of the following pages:**
**Home Page**
**If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.**.
JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/index.php:48
2 JDocumentHTML->parse() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/includes/application.php:249
3 JDocumentHTML->_fetchTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:414
4 JDocumentHTML->_loadTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:591
5 require() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:531
6 include_once() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/index.php:15
7 CCC_Tools->getCurrentMenuIndex() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_vars.php:33
8 JDatabase->loadObject() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php:94
9 JDatabaseMySQLi->query() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database.php:1033
10 JError::raiseError() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php:396
11 JError::raise() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251
Let me know if you also need the php error log.
Thanks for your help!
Zoltan
Here is the error I get when I have "Debug System" and "Debug Language" enabled:
500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1
**You may not be able to visit this page because of:**
**an out-of-date bookmark/favourite**
**a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site**
**a mistyped address**
**you have no access to this page**
**The requested resource was not found.**
**An error has occurred while processing your request.**
**Please try one of the following pages:**
**Home Page**
**If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site and report the error below.**.
JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1054 - Unknown column 'parent' in 'field list' SQL=select parent, menutype, ordering from ban_menu where id = 101 limit 1
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/index.php:48
2 JDocumentHTML->parse() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/includes/application.php:249
3 JDocumentHTML->_fetchTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:414
4 JDocumentHTML->_loadTemplate() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:591
5 require() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:531
6 include_once() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/index.php:15
7 CCC_Tools->getCurrentMenuIndex() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_vars.php:33
8 JDatabase->loadObject() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php:94
9 JDatabaseMySQLi->query() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database.php:1033
10 JError::raiseError() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysqli.php:396
11 JError::raise() /Users/z02/Desktop/websites/bansumfashion_com_2/site/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251
Let me know if you also need the php error log.
Thanks for your help!
Zoltan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43744
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Broken Update
That error comes from your template. You should ask your template provider's support for the solution.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- coolcatcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #43745
by coolcatcreative
Replied by coolcatcreative on topic Re: Broken Update
Hi Nicolas,
It was just me converting and customizing the J!1.5 Purity template.
Do you think you could give me a little bit of hint/"insight" where to look?
If not, I understand.
Thanks,
Zoltan
It was just me converting and customizing the J!1.5 Purity template.
Do you think you could give me a little bit of hint/"insight" where to look?
If not, I understand.
Thanks,
Zoltan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #43746
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Broken Update
Well I don't know why that would happen unless you're not using your Joomla 1.5 template on a Joomla 1.5 website (the column names changed so you would have to adapt the template code to the new column names).
On Joomla 2.5, the column is called parent_id and not parent. So you would have to change that there I suppose:
templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php line 94
On Joomla 2.5, the column is called parent_id and not parent. So you would have to change that there I suppose:
templates/ccc_02/ccc_templatetools.php line 94
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- coolcatcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #43749
by coolcatcreative
Replied by coolcatcreative on topic Re: Broken Update
Thanks Nicolas,
That at least gives me a place to start
Hopefully that'll take care of that - I'll keep you posted.
Zoltan
That at least gives me a place to start
Hopefully that'll take care of that - I'll keep you posted.
Zoltan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- coolcatcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #59348
by coolcatcreative
Replied by coolcatcreative on topic Re: Broken Update
Hi Nicolas,
I promised to give you an update:
I finally got around to "overhauling" this template and I stripped out any script/functionality I didn't need, and the installation is working perfectly.
Thanks for the pointer on where the problem was!
Zoltan
I promised to give you an update:
I finally got around to "overhauling" this template and I stripped out any script/functionality I didn't need, and the installation is working perfectly.
Thanks for the pointer on where the problem was!
Zoltan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds