- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Variant image keeps showing
- luiscorreia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 1 month ago #61395
by luiscorreia
Variant image keeps showing was created by luiscorreia
Hi,
I'm facing a problem with product variants at frontpage, I've defined 10 variants for a single product, associating a different image to one of them (variant A), now, when I go to the product page and select that specific variant, its unique image appears, and thats fine, the problem occurs when I choose another variant (Variant B, C, D, ...) in the dropdown menu, the image of variant A keeps showing despite the selection that is made.
This problem doesn´t happen with information included in the description field of a unique variant, everything works fine with this feature, with all the displayed information changing depending on dropdown menu selections.
I sincerely don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong... :blink:
Any clue on this one?
Thanks
I'm facing a problem with product variants at frontpage, I've defined 10 variants for a single product, associating a different image to one of them (variant A), now, when I go to the product page and select that specific variant, its unique image appears, and thats fine, the problem occurs when I choose another variant (Variant B, C, D, ...) in the dropdown menu, the image of variant A keeps showing despite the selection that is made.
This problem doesn´t happen with information included in the description field of a unique variant, everything works fine with this feature, with all the displayed information changing depending on dropdown menu selections.
I sincerely don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong... :blink:
Any clue on this one?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61481
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Hi,
That's indeed a bug in the latest version of HikaShop.
Please replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php with the one in the archive below and it will fix the problem.
That's indeed a bug in the latest version of HikaShop.
Please replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php with the one in the archive below and it will fix the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luiscorreia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #61557
by luiscorreia
Replied by luiscorreia on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Hi Nicolas,
I've changed the file like you said, but now only the image attributed to main product appears, even when I make the selection relative to variant A, and below I always get 8 images, it seem's that its one for each variant, 7 identical plus the one belonging to variant A.
Regards
I've changed the file like you said, but now only the image attributed to main product appears, even when I make the selection relative to variant A, and below I always get 8 images, it seem's that its one for each variant, 7 identical plus the one belonging to variant A.
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61629
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Please try that modification instead:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/6...teristics.html#61554
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/3-bug-report/6...teristics.html#61554
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luiscorreia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #61666
by luiscorreia
Replied by luiscorreia on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Hi Nicolas,
Replaced the file for the one you've sugested, but the problem maintains
only the image attributed to main product appears, even making the selections relative to variant A, and below are always shown 8 images, one for each variant, 7 identical (main product image, since I have no image defined for this ones) plus the one belonging to variant A (the only one with a specific image).
Regards
Replaced the file for the one you've sugested, but the problem maintains
only the image attributed to main product appears, even making the selections relative to variant A, and below are always shown 8 images, one for each variant, 7 identical (main product image, since I have no image defined for this ones) plus the one belonging to variant A (the only one with a specific image).
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61786
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
The file proposed by eliot in the link I gave you definitely fixes the problem. We were able to reproduce your issue on our end, and with the modifications of that file, the issue was solved.
So either you didn't do the modification properly (for example, if you didn't unzip the file before uploading it to the folder), or you had edited the "show" file of the view "product" via the menu Display->views before and thus your override takes on the default file so it would explain why you don't see the modifications in the default file. In that case you should also upload the show.php file in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/
So either you didn't do the modification properly (for example, if you didn't unzip the file before uploading it to the folder), or you had edited the "show" file of the view "product" via the menu Display->views before and thus your override takes on the default file so it would explain why you don't see the modifications in the default file. In that case you should also upload the show.php file in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- luiscorreia
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 1 month ago #61810
by luiscorreia
Replied by luiscorreia on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Hi,
I've always unzipped the folder, and uploaded the file "show.php", and didn't edited the file of the view product, since I don't have any php knowledge. Even tough, I gave a look to the folder templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html, and I don´t have any subfolder related with Hikashop.
I have installed my present template having Hikashop already installed, is it relevant?
If you want I can give you access to my cms and you can take a peek...
Thank you for being so helpfull
Regards
I've always unzipped the folder, and uploaded the file "show.php", and didn't edited the file of the view product, since I don't have any php knowledge. Even tough, I gave a look to the folder templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html, and I don´t have any subfolder related with Hikashop.
I have installed my present template having Hikashop already installed, is it relevant?
If you want I can give you access to my cms and you can take a peek...
Thank you for being so helpfull
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #61942
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
Yes, if you could give a back end access via our contact form (specify the URL of this thread for reference) we could have a look.
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 1 month ago #62361
by Eliot
Replied by Eliot on topic Re: Variant image keeps showing
It seems your show_block_img.php wasn't update. I uploaded the last version and it's working fine.
If anyone is experiencing the same trouble, here is the file:
If anyone is experiencing the same trouble, here is the file:
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds