Skip to main content

php 6 error

More
14 years 1 month ago #61575 by Rollerskate
php 6 error was created by Rollerskate
I am attempting to upgrade to php 6. Once I did via the htaccess file, I got these errors for Hikashop:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 189

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 278

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php on line 503

Is Hika Shop ready for php 6, or did I do something wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61582 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: php 6 error
Hi,

The latest version of PHP is 5.4.6 : php.net/

So no, HikaShop is not compatible with PHP6 which doesn't exist yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61583 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
Ok, sorry. I'll be more specific. An a extension I'm using requires php 5.3, but the 1and1 controls say to alter text in the htaccess file to "php 6", which, I assume, is their way of giving us access to using php 5.3 and any newer version until php 6.

Here's the instructions:
faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/htaccess/7.html

See, the code they say to use is:
"AddHandler x-mapp-php6 .php" , which they say, will give us joomla users the ability to use php 5.3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61584 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: php 6 error
This is PHP 5.4 as the documentation says.
HikaShop has not yet been tested by us on PHP 5.4. We'll work on that after HikaShop 1.6.0
Joomla has still some similar issues on 5.4. For example:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=622&t=726130
So I would recommend to stick to 5.2 or 5.3 for now.

If you want to remove these warning messages (they are not really bugs, just that the way we're doing it dates from previous versions of PHP and it is not recommended anymore to do like that), you can try to change the option "error reporting" to "production" in the configuration page of Joomla.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #61588 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
Hm... Interesting. Perhaps there is a way for me to just use php 5.3 but not jump up to php 5.4. Though, not sure what code that would be for 1and1. I sent them an email, I'll put their answer in here for all to see if I find anything good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64803 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
Still haven't figured this out yet. You mentioned that there was a way to "change the option "error reporting" to "production" in the configuration page of Joomla", but I couldn't find it.

Can you help me find where to change the error reporting?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64805 by nicolas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64806 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
Ah, nevermind, I found it on the "server" page under Configuration. I changed error reporting to "none" and that worked. Though, that kind of makes me a little nervous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64807 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: php 6 error
That option should be set to "production".
You don't want to display notices/warnings/errors to everyone as it could lead to a potential hacker to gain information on your system.
Setting that option to display the messages is useful when you are debugging a problem on your website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64809 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
I have it set to "none" right now.

I don't see "production" as an option.

All see is this:
-System Default
-None
-Simple
-Maximum
-Development

I thought Development might have been what you were talking about, but this put a whole bunch of crazy stuff above my site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64813 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: php 6 error
None is fine.

They had it named "production" before. Or maybe "production" is the french version of "none". Anyway, it doesn't matter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #64823 by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: php 6 error
Ok, thanks. I just hope having it set to "none" doesn't prevent me from seeing future problems. But if something isn't working right, I suppose I could just turn it back on and find out what's wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum