- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Understanding the Export Feature
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
I apologize for not "getting it", but could you help explain to me how to export order data based upon certain parameters? For example, I would like to export all the orders for the purchase of a given product. Can one do that with the Business edition through the reports section? It looks like I can create a report for a specific product and set the "Display" to "Listing".
Is that the proper procedure?
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes it's the proper procedure, you have to create your custom report, and then click on "export" in the toolbar.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I'm afraid that it will require a modification of the code as there is currently no option for that.
Could you do a screenshot of the options of your report ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That will add all the billing information in your CSV.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
I just realized something about your fix that is creating a strange situation. I have a address_company field, and that field doesn't always show on the report. The report is exactly the same, with the same type of product, but when I export one product, that column will be included, but when I export another product it is missing. When I look at the database, that field is filled in correctly, so it isn't a case where there simply isn't information provided. Instead, the report just lacks that column.
Any suggestions?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I don't see why that would happen since the modification selects all the columns of the addresses from the database.
However, we know have a mass actions feature in HikaShop which allows to do such things without any code change.
I would recommend to try with a mass action with an action CSV export where you can select the fields you want and the filters you want for the export.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Here is documentation about mass actions:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...massaction-form.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
1) If I want to export all the orders for one product, what filter setting should I use? I tried "Order Product Columns" > "order_product_id", but that only resulted in one result.
2) For the export CSV feature, do I use a relative link as my export path?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
1. You have to use "Order Product Columns" > "product_id". The order_product_id is a unique id attached to the order.
2. An absolute link is required, something like "var/www/mywebsite/folder" for example.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- brentwilliams2
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 78
- Thank you received: 5
I appreciate your time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.