- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Product listing settings not saving
- rjwatkins83
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 6 months ago #93504
by rjwatkins83
Product listing settings not saving was created by rjwatkins83
I can't link my product listings to a menu. I've followed the directions provided in the documentation: I create a new menu item in Joomla, then save it. Then I click on the Hikashop options to to configure it. But when I go to save the Hikashop options, it's like the settings won't save - the number of columns & items is blank, the assoicated category is reset to the default category,and none of the oher parameters are saved either. When I click on the menu item from the front end, no products are displayed, nothing shows up, except for the Hikashop footer link.
I am running Joomla 2.5.9 and Hikashop 2.1.0. Please help, thanks!
I am running Joomla 2.5.9 and Hikashop 2.1.0. Please help, thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93569
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product listing settings not saving
Hi,
Can you enable the debug mode of joomla, and set the error reporting to "maximum" and see if an error is returned ?
Have you tried to reinstall hikashop over the current hikashop ?
Can you enable the debug mode of joomla, and set the error reporting to "maximum" and see if an error is returned ?
Have you tried to reinstall hikashop over the current hikashop ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rjwatkins83
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93604
by rjwatkins83
Replied by rjwatkins83 on topic Product listing settings not saving
I went to the Global Configuration settings, enabled the debug mode and set the error reporting to maximum, and no errors were returned on the frontend or the backend.
Yesterday I tried it with new Hikashop install along with a fresh Joomla install and it still didn't work.
Yesterday I tried it with new Hikashop install along with a fresh Joomla install and it still didn't work.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by rjwatkins83.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 6 months ago #93621
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product listing settings not saving
Ok, so can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through Private message ? it would help me to understand what your problem really is.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93633
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Product listing settings not saving
I tested it through your back-end and it's actually working for me.
PS: I unpublished the content menu that I created during my test
PS: I unpublished the content menu that I created during my test
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rjwatkins83
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93649
by rjwatkins83
Replied by rjwatkins83 on topic Product listing settings not saving
I went to the menu item you created, and it looked like the number of columns and items saved for you, but when I tried to save the associated category as "Shoes" it still wouldn't save. It just reverts back to the default "product category". I need to create a menu item to point to each category. I even tried creating a category to link to in the "Root", but it still wouldn't work.
Are you able to get it to point to a specific category?
Are you able to get it to point to a specific category?
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by rjwatkins83.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93969
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product listing settings not saving
Hi,
I checked that for you and I was able to change the associated category too.
Are you sure you're clicking on "save" ?
Also, try with another browser. It's maybe a cookies/cache user session issue which could explain why you're the only one with the problem. If it works with another browser, you should clear the cookies/cache of your usual browser and try again and it should work too.
I checked that for you and I was able to change the associated category too.
Are you sure you're clicking on "save" ?
Also, try with another browser. It's maybe a cookies/cache user session issue which could explain why you're the only one with the problem. If it works with another browser, you should clear the cookies/cache of your usual browser and try again and it should work too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rjwatkins83
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- rjwatkins83
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #93975
by rjwatkins83
Replied by rjwatkins83 on topic Product listing settings not saving
Thank you, that worked!
I switched to a different browser- I was using Chrome and I switched to IE - and it worked. Then I cleared the cache of Chrome and it worked there as well. I would have never thought that was problem, thanks again
I switched to a different browser- I was using Chrome and I switched to IE - and it worked. Then I cleared the cache of Chrome and it worked there as well. I would have never thought that was problem, thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds