- Posts: 101
- Thank you received: 12
Undefined index: field_default
13 years 5 months ago #97710
by SG
Undefined index: field_default was created by SG
Hi,
I'm trying to make for the first time a Custom Text field for the table order.
This is the message I got when I tried to save it.
Here is the printscreen of the config window when saved:
Why do I get this message?
Is the field saved correctly or didn't the process get completed by this error/message?
Thanks
I'm trying to make for the first time a Custom Text field for the table order.
This is the message I got when I tried to save it.
Notice: Undefined index: field_default in /home/marcoshp/public_html/site/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 904 Notice: Undefined index: field_default in /home/marcoshp/public_html/site/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 915
Here is the printscreen of the config window when saved:
Why do I get this message?
Is the field saved correctly or didn't the process get completed by this error/message?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97755
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Undefined index: field_default
Hi,
Thanks for the report. We have corrected it on our end.
Don't worry your custom field is saved correctly.
Thanks for the report. We have corrected it on our end.
Don't worry your custom field is saved correctly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97768
by SG
Replied by SG on topic Undefined index: field_default
Hi Xavier.
Thanks for letting me know.
A side question about custom text from the order table.
How can I exactly get the content from that field.
I tried the following and I CAN get the full_price and order_number but NOT the custom text field.
When i use print_r I can see most order_ fields but not the custom text field.
Also in the database I can find it under _hikashop_field but NOT in _hikashop_order
The main reason I was trying to use this custom text field was to add custom intro text in the message.
Thanks.
Thanks for letting me know.
A side question about custom text from the order table.
How can I exactly get the content from that field.
I tried the following and I CAN get the full_price and order_number but NOT the custom text field.
Code:
$order_id = $data->order_id;
$orderClass = hikashop_get('class.order');
$order = $orderClass->loadFullOrder($order_id,false, false);
echo "<br>Order_number: ".$order->order_number;
echo "<br>Order_fullprice: ".$order->order_full_price;
echo "<br>order_custom: ".$order->customtext_93_13_25_34."<br>";
print_r($order);
When i use print_r I can see most order_ fields but not the custom text field.
Also in the database I can find it under _hikashop_field but NOT in _hikashop_order
The main reason I was trying to use this custom text field was to add custom intro text in the message.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97774
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Undefined index: field_default
"custom text" fields are the only ones which don't have any content. It's normal that you don't see it in the database.
That's because their value is the same for all the elements.
If you want to have a different content for different orders, you should use a "textarea" field instead.
That's because their value is the same for all the elements.
If you want to have a different content for different orders, you should use a "textarea" field instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #97778
by SG
Replied by SG on topic Undefined index: field_default
Hi,
You are right about that the content stays the same and that it shouldn't be in the order table.
It's logic when you think about it but sometimes my brain get fried when I'm sitting to many hours behind the computer
Since I need to add text in the mail I will use something like echo JText::_('EMAIL_INTRO_MESSAGE');
That way I can also translate it
If you have a better idea, please feel free to advise.
Thanks.
You are right about that the content stays the same and that it shouldn't be in the order table.
It's logic when you think about it but sometimes my brain get fried when I'm sitting to many hours behind the computer
Since I need to add text in the mail I will use something like echo JText::_('EMAIL_INTRO_MESSAGE');
That way I can also translate it
If you have a better idea, please feel free to advise.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds