- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Error generating product variants
- innostrategies
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
14 years 6 months ago #44624
by innostrategies
Error generating product variants was created by innostrategies
Hi!
I just import a product list and when I'm trying to generate differents models from the main category sometimes fail and I receive the follow message:
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 481
I test it on diferents servers, hostings, etc... and with diferents memory configurations.
Could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
I just import a product list and when I'm trying to generate differents models from the main category sometimes fail and I receive the follow message:
administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 481
I test it on diferents servers, hostings, etc... and with diferents memory configurations.
Could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #44779
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Error generating product variants
Hi,
You must be missing a piece of the error message. It should tell you if it's a fatal error, a memory limit, a warning, an execution timeout, etc.
That would help us understand what's happening to you.
Also please indicate the version number of HikaShop that you're using.
You must be missing a piece of the error message. It should tell you if it's a fatal error, a memory limit, a warning, an execution timeout, etc.
That would help us understand what's happening to you.
Also please indicate the version number of HikaShop that you're using.
The following user(s) said Thank You: innostrategies
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- innostrategies
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #44824
by innostrategies
Replied by innostrategies on topic Re: Error generating product variants
Hikashop version 1.5.6.
The error only show this information. Sometime I get a Server error or a lack of memory when I asign more then 4 characteristics to the product but now only I saw this message.
When I take a look to database I saw a lot of variants with a product_name field empty.
Any idea?
The error only show this information. Sometime I get a Server error or a lack of memory when I asign more then 4 characteristics to the product but now only I saw this message.
When I take a look to database I saw a lot of variants with a product_name field empty.
Any idea?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- innostrategies
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
14 years 6 months ago #44959
by innostrategies
Replied by innostrategies on topic Re: Error generating product variants
Hi Nicolas.
Finally I was searching on the forum and I found a recomendation about the characteristics that recommend to not use more than 3 characteristics for each product. I change the products to comply this requirement and all works fine.
Thanks a lot!
Finally I was searching on the forum and I found a recomendation about the characteristics that recommend to not use more than 3 characteristics for each product. I change the products to comply this requirement and all works fine.
Thanks a lot!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 6 months ago #45035
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Error generating product variants
Hi,
Indeed, you have too many variants I suppose. Note that you can have more than 3 characteristics.... if you don't have too many values in each one.
If you have only two values in your characteristics, you should be able to use 8 characteristics without problems.
Indeed, you have too many variants I suppose. Note that you can have more than 3 characteristics.... if you don't have too many values in each one.
If you have only two values in your characteristics, you should be able to use 8 characteristics without problems.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds