- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Uploading CSVs
13 years 9 months ago #79936
by tkassim
Uploading CSVs was created by tkassim
I had a live site and unfortunately a program corrupted the site and I have had to start all over. I have all the previous information saved to the database and need to load the prices, characteristics, and descriptions for my 600 products. I loaded the products but there was no images. I finally was able to load the images, now there are no descriptions. In addition, I had over 1,000 variations with different prices for each variation for the product. I really need to be able to load the information. I have the information saved in database 4 and I am using database 3. I have the SQL, and CSV. I have tried to transfer the information via hikashop import, cyberduck, SQL, and file manager and nothing happens. How can I get my products back on?
website
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 9 months ago #79937
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Uploading CSVs
Hi,
Can you show me the csv file that you are using, and the hikashop error when you're importing this csv (if there is an error)?
Thanks.
Can you show me the csv file that you are using, and the hikashop error when you're importing this csv (if there is an error)?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80028
by tkassim
Replied by tkassim on topic Uploading CSVs
The CSV that I am using is the CSV created from the database in the component/hikashop/characteristics that list the data tables and I exported it to a CSV.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80063
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Uploading CSVs
Hi,
You can't import only the characteristics, you have to import the products and the variants.
When importing products and variants, the characteristic will be automatically created.
You can't import only the characteristics, you have to import the products and the variants.
When importing products and variants, the characteristic will be automatically created.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80122
by tkassim
Replied by tkassim on topic Uploading CSVs
I get the same message with the variants. Do I put the variants and the products on the same csv? The products are already on the site. The images are already on the site without the description. This is what I get:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80171
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Uploading CSVs
Hi,
Yes you have to put your products and your variants on the same file.
Look at the import documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
Yes you have to put your products and your variants on the same file.
Look at the import documentation here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
product_code,product_parent_id,size
main_product,,big
first_variant,main_product,big
second_variant,main_product,small
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80212
by tkassim
Replied by tkassim on topic Uploading CSVs
Do you know where I can find someone who specialize in Hika to do it for me? I have about 50 variations for one product and different prices and this seems complex. Should I also put the images csv on the same csv file because the images I inserted created another product without the description. The CSV I loaded seems to go to the products with no images, which I now have over 1,000 products instead of 600. I am beyond frustrated. The directions seem foreign to me.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #80233
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Uploading CSVs
You can maybe post your request in the commercial jobs section of this forum.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds