- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 0
Export Feature
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93711
by bigchumpy
HI All,
I'm sure I'm a huge Dunce, but I can't figure out how to make sense of the export products feature. It seems to be a jumbled mess when importing into excel.. It seems I have product data going across columns, but then stacked in rows. as well... like going in both directions. As far as I can see, the export feature is useless to the average user, but of course, I'm sure I'm just not that bright today. What is it I'm missing? How is this made useable. I would think all the product fields would be in columns as they seem to be, then the value data in a corresponding cell. Confused. Thanks for any help. See the attached image. The description spans all columns and is inappropriately arranged.
bigchumpy
Export Feature was created by bigchumpy
HI All,
I'm sure I'm a huge Dunce, but I can't figure out how to make sense of the export products feature. It seems to be a jumbled mess when importing into excel.. It seems I have product data going across columns, but then stacked in rows. as well... like going in both directions. As far as I can see, the export feature is useless to the average user, but of course, I'm sure I'm just not that bright today. What is it I'm missing? How is this made useable. I would think all the product fields would be in columns as they seem to be, then the value data in a corresponding cell. Confused. Thanks for any help. See the attached image. The description spans all columns and is inappropriately arranged.
bigchumpy
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by bigchumpy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 6 months ago #93748
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Export Feature
Hi,
It seems that you didn't configure excel's import system to handle line returns in your columns and because of that, each line return in your product description is interpreted as new line/new row.
I don't use excel on my end but it should work fine by default with openoffice calc (it's the same as excel but open source and free)
It seems that you didn't configure excel's import system to handle line returns in your columns and because of that, each line return in your product description is interpreted as new line/new row.
I don't use excel on my end but it should work fine by default with openoffice calc (it's the same as excel but open source and free)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds