- Posts: 43
- Thank you received: 0
CSV File
I am trying to set up a spread sheet (csv file) with the correct labels so I can import the data into the shop. I had a read through the forums and see that you suggest to create an item first and then export it to a csv and then you have the labels to work from.
I have tried this and whilst I am having some success, i cant get products to go in to the correct categories.
I am using the label parent_category to define the name of the catgeory but this is actually putting it into the main product category, not the categories that I have made.
I have attached files showing what I am talking about. Can you please let me know what label I should be using and what data I need to put into it
Thanks again
Nigel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I am nearly there on this one. just cant work out how the correct headings for attributes and how to get them to add multiples. For instance how do I add the same product in size 10, 12. 14 16 etc
I have added the updated csv file with the options I have tried. If you could let me know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Have you read that documentation :
www.hikashop.com/fr/support/documentatio...shop-import.html#csv
I think that your answer is here.
If you don't specify a product_code, it will be generated from the product_name column. If the product_name is not specified it will be generated from the first image or the first file of the images and files column. If based on that the system is not able to find a product_code, the product will be skipped. If a product_code already exists in the database it will be skipped.
Finally, you can also insert variants of products. You will have to specify in the product_parent_id column the product_code of the main product which must be inserted before the variants in the file. You will also have to have column names matching the characteristics in the store.
For example, suppose that you have a product with 1 characteristic being the size and two variants:
product_code,product_parent_id,size
main_product,,big
first_variant,main_product,big
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.