- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Add a product link and new product button
13 years 2 months ago #111833
by Sogercom
Add a product link and new product button was created by Sogercom
I am new to HikaShop. I have installed the most recent HikaShop Starter component on a Joomla 2.5.6 website. Everything seems OK except for a problem, quite an important problem :huh:
The "Add a product" link and the "new product" button are not working properly. All I get is an almost blank page containing only the following informations :
Main information
Name
Description.
That's it. Nothing but blank after the word "Description" and nothing else than these few words in the page (see the attachment).
Is there something I have missed to configure, or can it be some kind of bug.
Should I uninstall everything and reinstall from scatch ?
Thank you for your help.
Vous pouvez me répondre en français aussi.
Merci !
The "Add a product" link and the "new product" button are not working properly. All I get is an almost blank page containing only the following informations :
Main information
Name
Description.
That's it. Nothing but blank after the word "Description" and nothing else than these few words in the page (see the attachment).
Is there something I have missed to configure, or can it be some kind of bug.
Should I uninstall everything and reinstall from scatch ?
Thank you for your help.
Vous pouvez me répondre en français aussi.
Merci !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #111862
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Add a product link and new product button
Hi,
You can try to re-install HikaShop over the current install.
If the problem persist, thanks to set the error reporting to "Maximum" in the Joomla configuration and give us the returned error.
You can try to re-install HikaShop over the current install.
If the problem persist, thanks to set the error reporting to "Maximum" in the Joomla configuration and give us the returned error.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112168
by Sogercom
Replied by Sogercom on topic Add a product link and new product button
I have reinstall HikaSHop from scratch.
I have created a new database and imported the backup made before installing Hikashop (database, directorie and files)
I have downloaded a new copy of HikaShop, extracted it and install it from the TEMP directory.
To no avail.
I still can't use the "add product" link and the "New" Button for product.
Here attached you will find a print screen of the error message.
I can also give you access to the Joomla backend (No worry for error, the website is an exact copy of the original website hosted elsewhere, at another address.)
I have created a new database and imported the backup made before installing Hikashop (database, directorie and files)
I have downloaded a new copy of HikaShop, extracted it and install it from the TEMP directory.
To no avail.
I still can't use the "add product" link and the "New" Button for product.
Here attached you will find a print screen of the error message.
I can also give you access to the Joomla backend (No worry for error, the website is an exact copy of the original website hosted elsewhere, at another address.)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 2 months ago #112282
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Add a product link and new product button
Hi,
A 500 error is a standard error message which is displayed when something goes bad. We unfortunately can't deduce anything from that expect that it didn't work...
Could you look at your PHP errors log to see what was the real error message ? (you might want to ask your hosting company about that).
Thanks.
A 500 error is a standard error message which is displayed when something goes bad. We unfortunately can't deduce anything from that expect that it didn't work...
Could you look at your PHP errors log to see what was the real error message ? (you might want to ask your hosting company about that).
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 2 months ago #112290
by Sogercom
Replied by Sogercom on topic Add a product link and new product button
Hi,
I have found that the problem is related to JCE Editor.
When I checked another editor for HikaShop (TinyMCE, CodeMirror or Non WYSIWYG) I have no problem with the "Add a product" link and the "New" product button.
For now, I use JCE for website articles and another editor for HikaShop. It works fine that way.
Later on I will try to find which plugin JCE is conflicting with and, so, generating a problem for HikaShop.
Thank you for the time spent to answer my request.
Have a good day,
Michel Gauthier
I have found that the problem is related to JCE Editor.
When I checked another editor for HikaShop (TinyMCE, CodeMirror or Non WYSIWYG) I have no problem with the "Add a product" link and the "New" product button.
For now, I use JCE for website articles and another editor for HikaShop. It works fine that way.
Later on I will try to find which plugin JCE is conflicting with and, so, generating a problem for HikaShop.
Thank you for the time spent to answer my request.
Have a good day,
Michel Gauthier
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds