Skip to main content

Added weight and weight unit now hika wont import

More
13 years 1 month ago #118657 by soncis
-- HikaShop version -- : latest of buissness
-- Joomla version -- : 3.1.5

Before I could upload CSV easily to uppdate products now I added weight and weight unit and now it wont work! I checked with an import example so that the columns would be correct and so on.. (I have kg as product_weight_unit) maybe that could be the issue.. so help if anyone knows any solution

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118693 by nicolas
Hi,

Wouldn't it be because the max execution time of your web server is too small and thus HikaShop doesn't have enough time to finish the import before reaching the limit ?
You should look in the PHP error log of your web server for the fatal error message. That will tell you if it comes from an execution time limit and if so, you'll have to see with your hosting company if they can increase that limit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118698 by soncis
I see.. that could be it, never had that issue before. Could it be that it would load faster if I remove all the categories I already have and only uppdate prices?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118707 by soncis
It says its a problem with the resource im looking for and Hikashop has never been slow on importing my CSV files but now its uber slow... I think its something messed up with hikashop anyway because even my small file with only weights and product id it could not load

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118728 by Jerome
Hi,

Do you have an example file ? A link to your website ?
We don't have trouble with the CSV import in our side but we have our test files so we are not in the same case as you.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #118806 by soncis
here is the "small" cvs I used, all the product ID are the same as the items in the shop.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by soncis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #118808 by soncis
I attatch my CSV file and submit here but it does not seem to work :/ , aslso I tried uploading a CSV I used before which also did not work and that file imported so quickly before... so Im pretty sure its not my web companies fault.. this used to be so easy :(
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by soncis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118814 by soncis
Ok I tried I can't even import ONE product into hikashop with a CSV format I know works, worked just last week. Maybe it's because I upgraded to Buissness version but its really frustrating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118832 by soncis
Well importing via the "text field" directly in Hika seems to work fine atleast..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #118905 by Jerome
Hi,

If you want to upload a CSV file, the best is to put it in a zip file. The "CSV" extension is not allow in Kunena uploads.
It is strange that you can upload via the text field and not via the upload. It uses the exact same code, just that the upload read a file uploaded and text field read a text submitted.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119006 by soncis
what so if I compress my csv to a zip then upload the zip it should work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119008 by Jerome
Hi,

I attatch my CSV file and submit here but it does not seem to work :/

If you want to upload a CSV file, the best is to put it in a zip file. The "CSV" extension is not allow in Kunena uploads.

what so if I compress my csv to a zip then upload the zip it should work?


Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119014 by soncis
Even if that is the best way it dosn't work.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119036 by Jerome
Hi,

I don't understand your message.
You still can't attach your CSV file here ? We need it in order to test and try to reproduce your problem.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #119039 by soncis
ill try again, no it wont show up I add the file (zip) and push insert text shows up in message window but when i submit, nothing
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by soncis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119076 by Jerome
Hi,

I don't understand what you're saying or trying to do.
Why "insert text" ?
I am sorry but we don't have trouble to add attachment here and a lot of users post their CSV files here too (but they compress them in zip files).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119149 by soncis
Ive been trying for a week now to upload a CSV file I need for my shop. It wont work so I tried with an old one I know worked before. It wont work, so I tried to upload the CSV on hikaforum so you could try with it from your end and it dosnt work to upload nothing shows up, I try compressing files to zip and both upload to hikashop and this forum... still nothing works. AND ALL THIS HAPPENED AFTER I UPPGRADED TO BUISSNESS VERSION BEFORE I HAD NO ISSUE.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119303 by nicolas
If you can't upload it on our forum (probably because the size of the file is too big) you can send it by email to contact at hikashop dot com
Please make sure that you give a link to this thread so that we know why you're sending the file.

Regarding the import, you're saying that it works fine when you import via the textarea, and not via the upload of the file. But behind that, the processing of HikaShop is exactly the same for both function so it really doesn't seem to be related with the import but more with the upload of the file to your website.

I understand your frustration, but please note that there is no need to write in upper case and it is against the netiquette.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #119370 by soncis
I will email the csv to you and link this tread. I do hope you understand my frustration but I dont think you know what it is about. Our company which is small payed for Hikashop buissness mainly to get rid of Registration before buying products, yet this dont work, and when we upgraded also uploading CSV files stopped working, in other words we payed money to upgrade our product but our site has suffered for it. That is what is frustrating not that we cannot upload CSV files.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by soncis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #119523 by nicolas
Hi,

Looking at your CSV files, I can see that you're using the character ~ as separator.
That is not a valid separator.
HikaShop's import system only supports , ; | or tabs as separators.
So it's normal that the import doesn't work with the CSVs that you sent us.
And I don't see how it would work with the textarea or the starter edition since neither support ~ as a separator either.

Are you sure that you sent me the correct CSV files ? Are you sure that you are always testing with the same files ?

So as far as I can see, the solution is to use a valid separator in your CSVs and it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum