- Posts: 71
- Thank you received: 1
Tax for State of Tennessee only
15 years 6 months ago #12000
by jerrico
Tax for State of Tennessee only was created by jerrico
I am trying to setup taxes only for product shipped within the state of Tennessee. 9.25%
I have setup a zone - Tennessee - type tax.
I have setup a tax rule for Tennessee for 9.25%
I have checked to be billed tax by billing address.
What am I missing?
My address is a TN address and it won't add tax on.
Also - the continue shopping button goes to a 404 error page. Any ideas why?
Thanks -
Jackie
I have setup a zone - Tennessee - type tax.
I have setup a tax rule for Tennessee for 9.25%
I have checked to be billed tax by billing address.
What am I missing?
My address is a TN address and it won't add tax on.
Also - the continue shopping button goes to a 404 error page. Any ideas why?
Thanks -
Jackie
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12001
by jerrico
Replied by jerrico on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12006
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
You don't need to create a tennessee zone. There is already a tennessee zone (of the type state) by default in HikaShop. You can just use this one in your tax rules.
Also, make sure that you create a tax category and that you assigned that tax category to both the tax rule and your products.
If the continue button goes to a 404 error page, that's because you didn't set a valid URL in the corresponding option in the configuration.
Also, make sure that you create a tax category and that you assigned that tax category to both the tax rule and your products.
If the continue button goes to a 404 error page, that's because you didn't set a valid URL in the corresponding option in the configuration.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 6 months ago #12021
by jerrico
Replied by jerrico on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
Great - it is working!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21929
by mindstorm
Replied by mindstorm on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
Any idea how I can take this one step further...
I'm selling wholesale too. When they are a 'Wholesale' I can NOT charge tax in my state or elsewhere in the USA.?
I'm selling wholesale too. When they are a 'Wholesale' I can NOT charge tax in my state or elsewhere in the USA.?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #21942
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
The question is: How do you know that a customer is wholesale or not ?
The easiest is to publish the address_company field and restrict your tax rules to individuals. If the user fill that field, the system will automatically remove the tax.
The easiest is to publish the address_company field and restrict your tax rules to individuals. If the user fill that field, the system will automatically remove the tax.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #22016
by mindstorm
Replied by mindstorm on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
we are verifying that they are wholesalers. then we log in and change their user group to 'wholesale' (we added this in the database). so we have users in a group called wholesale
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by mindstorm.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #22017
by mindstorm
Replied by mindstorm on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
I think i understand how to set up the tax rules... because we have a few and they are working. I don't see how I apply the rules to 'individuals' thou?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #22034
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Tax for State of Tennessee only
If you handle the differentiation of users based on the user groups, I don't see a solution right now.
We'll add the possibility to handle taxes based on user groups with next release of HikaShop which is to be out this week.
We'll add the possibility to handle taxes based on user groups with next release of HikaShop which is to be out this week.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds