Trouble with linking sub categories...

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1467

Hello,
I am having trouble linking the sub categories. Please take a look here: crystalstudios.net/davinci/
on the front page i have all my categories...Iam trying to linl the manufacturers link and sub links to their respective pages but cant figure how. Can you advise?
Thanks
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1469

Hi,

I don't understand what you want to do. Could you explain a bit more what you want to achieve ?

13 years 5 months ago #1473

When i click on manufacturers under the Main Menu.. i want to be able to go to the same page as if i click on manufacturers in the content area(the sanyo logo). Hope this is clear. Thanks

13 years 5 months ago #1475

When editing each menu items, you need to click on the "HikaShop otions" link on the right part of the screen where you will be able to set the "parent category" to the manufacturer name and then save the options. That should do it.

13 years 5 months ago #1479

Here are two images: i see the options in pic1 i clikk it it goes to page pic2 then i dont see anything to link to the page i want.

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1480

Here is pic2

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1482

On pic2, please click on the select button of the option "parent category" in order to choose the category you want to be displayed. And also, if you use the type "category", you need to add an associated module which will display the products. Otherwise, please use the "product" type in order to directly display the product listing upon clicking on the menu.

13 years 5 months ago #1486

I go this pop up but there is nothing i can do here. I want manufacturers link to go to the main page where there are all the different manufacs.

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1487

When I click manufacturers link on main menu I want to to this page. I cant find this page to link.

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1488

In this popup, click on "product categories", then, on the listing of the right, you will see the "manufacturers" category listed. Click on the plus icon of the row and then save the options.

13 years 5 months ago #1489

I can select only 1 item. I gave 5 stars on the forum but i dont think it can work when you have sub categories. Your response is excellent but I have been trying for 2 days to figure this out with no luck. When i click on my manufacturer link it goes to one specific manufacturer not the group of manufacturers which is what i want.

13 years 5 months ago #1490

Yes, only one item.
That's because you are using a joomla menu module. You will have to do that for each menu: select its own parent category.
Otherwise, you could create a new category listing module which would display all the manufacturer categories automatically and set it to display the products.
It's just a matter of how you want to display them.

If you're confused, I invite you to follow our tutorial on how to display content on the front end:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/67.html
You can also look at how we configured the category listing module on our demo website.
That should help you understand all the options and how to build the display of content on your front end.

13 years 5 months ago #1491

Ok i figured it out, last question why on my home page the my categories appear twice?

13 years 5 months ago #1492

I see your categories only once on your home page.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds