- Posts: 392
- Thank you received: 0
SSL Certificates
They work only on http pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
is there a way to completely disable/get rid of the ssl in HS? i asked the developers why the ssl redirect plugin wasnt working for me, and they said any other plugin etc to do with ssl's will clash with it.
This would solve the problem of the twitter plugin on the products pages, and also from pages redirecting between https and http causing crawling errors, people bookmarking wrong pages, and also browser insecure page warnings.
Right now I have setup my cart to show on a hidden menu, forced a menu in HS, and using rockettheme "menuless" pages option, I have gotten rid of anything the user can click (modules/menus/links) on during the checkout process that takes them back to any pages other than the shopping cart, and I noticed this morning I have had an abandon cart order - probably not the most user friendly way to do this.
The reason why this is so important to me is because over 90% of my sales come from social media, and having twitter and other social plugins on my site is a major time saver, as well as having a viral effect.
OR, is there a way to configure HS so the pages dont switch between ssl and no ssl?
If anyone else is having the same problem, I thought of using metamod: www.metamodpro.com/metamod/recipes/36-co...-on-virtuemart-pages to maybe fix the problem, but I'm not able to understand how to use it.
Anyway, just throwing some ideas out there!
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Other than that, HikaShop keeps the current mode SSL or non SSL everywhere else.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
As always, thank you!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for my ignorance... I didnt ask the question correctly - is there a way to remove the code that controls the ssl function in HS?
I would like to just override everything with ssl redirect plugin because it is becoming a logistical nightmare to configure my shop/site, without getting browser warnings.
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
PS: There is a known Joomla bug with this setting for the default menu item which I have never been able to resolve.
May help... cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Hey JIK, thanks so much for your input. I gave it a try, and it works to a degree, but still a few issues - pulling my hair out doesn't help either, so I don't recommend you try that
The only last resort solution to this is maybe having the checkout on a subdomain... Is this possible Nicolas?
Thanks! :blink:
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.