- Posts: 392
- Thank you received: 0
How to add a custom suburb
15 years 2 months ago #22401
by Bugger101
How to add a custom suburb was created by Bugger101
Hello!
How do we fill out the form to create a custom suburb?
What do we put in the default value and preview boxes?
Also, should I tick front-end yes? because it will be for customers at the checkout?
Thanks
How do we fill out the form to create a custom suburb?
What do we put in the default value and preview boxes?
Also, should I tick front-end yes? because it will be for customers at the checkout?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #22410
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to add a custom suburb
Hi,
It should be a custom field of the table address and of the type text.
The default value should be left empty.
You should indeed turn on the front end display.
You will also want to change the address_template file via the menu Display->Views in order to add a tag for your new custom address field.
It should be a custom field of the table address and of the type text.
The default value should be left empty.
You should indeed turn on the front end display.
You will also want to change the address_template file via the menu Display->Views in order to add a tag for your new custom address field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #25879
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Re: How to add a custom suburb
Hi,
The problem I'm having is the suburb is not showing up on the invoice. I can't think of how I can add this... Do I go into views > invoice?
Thanks
The problem I'm having is the suburb is not showing up on the invoice. I can't think of how I can add this... Do I go into views > invoice?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago #25885
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to add a custom suburb
No, it's in address_template. Please make sure that you change all of them.
You have one in the front end and one in the back end.
If you open an invoice on the back end, it's the back end file which is used.
Also, make sure that you edit the back end view file for the template of your back end, and not for the template of your front end. Otherwise, it won't do anything.
You have one in the front end and one in the back end.
If you open an invoice on the back end, it's the back end file which is used.
Also, make sure that you edit the back end view file for the template of your back end, and not for the template of your front end. Otherwise, it won't do anything.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 week ago - 12 years 2 months ago #25912
by Bugger101
Replied by Bugger101 on topic Re: How to add a custom suburb
Thanks Nicolas.
Is there any reason why there are no backend views at all? I have attached a screen shot for you.
Not sure why they aren't there...
Thanks
Is there any reason why there are no backend views at all? I have attached a screen shot for you.
Not sure why they aren't there...
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Bugger101.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds