- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
shipping on different varients for an order?
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 2 months ago #22505
by Rollerskate
shipping on different varients for an order? was created by Rollerskate
Scenario: I will be ordering prints for images from two different places, one place prints posters, the other, canvas.
If someone adds a poster print and a canvas print to their same order, I will have to charge for shipping for both orders to cover my costs.
Is there away to add shipping to individual variants?
I realize as I write this, it may be too complicated, as it would require "if this, than..." coding that would hurt my brain. Because I don't want someone to be charged twice if they order the same type of characteristic, say an order of two prints. Then my supplier will only charge me once for both prints as they'll just put them in one tube.
But for two canvas prints, they may charge me twice... ugh, making a website is complicated.
Thanks for your help!
If someone adds a poster print and a canvas print to their same order, I will have to charge for shipping for both orders to cover my costs.
Is there away to add shipping to individual variants?
I realize as I write this, it may be too complicated, as it would require "if this, than..." coding that would hurt my brain. Because I don't want someone to be charged twice if they order the same type of characteristic, say an order of two prints. Then my supplier will only charge me once for both prints as they'll just put them in one tube.
But for two canvas prints, they may charge me twice... ugh, making a website is complicated.
Thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #22516
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: shipping on different varients for an order?
Hi,
And what if someone order 10 times the same print ? Will your supplier charge you only once and put everything in one tube ?
Reading your message, it indeed seems like you might need to have some custom coding be done to handle that.
And what if someone order 10 times the same print ? Will your supplier charge you only once and put everything in one tube ?
Reading your message, it indeed seems like you might need to have some custom coding be done to handle that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 months ago #22541
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: shipping on different varients for an order?
As far as the posters go, I'm not sure how many prints they can fit in a tube. But, I guess I could just limit the size of an order, but as an entrepreneur, that's usually what you don't want to do 
Perhaps the simplest solution is to charge more after the fact after talking to the customer, how easy is that through paypal and hikashop?
Perhaps the simplest solution is to charge more after the fact after talking to the customer, how easy is that through paypal and hikashop?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 months ago #22559
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: shipping on different varients for an order?
Well It really depends on how you want to do it.
You could for example just tell your customers to pay the additional charge to your paypal email address directly on his paypal account and you would have nothing to do on HikaShop.
You could for example just tell your customers to pay the additional charge to your paypal email address directly on his paypal account and you would have nothing to do on HikaShop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Rollerskate
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 164
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 1 month ago #22699
by Rollerskate
Replied by Rollerskate on topic Re: shipping on different varients for an order?
Good call. Thanks for the thoughts.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds