Can I manually create an order?
15 years 1 month ago #22919
by Smiler
Can I manually create an order? was created by Smiler
We had a case this week where a large bookstore wanted to take a shipment of books on sale or return. Obvously there would be no up-front payment and we needed to generate an order and invoice for this. Is there any way inside Hikashop that we can do this?
Regards, Jeff.
Regards, Jeff.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #22930
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I manually create an order?
You can do it from the front end like the person would do himself.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #22945
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Re: Can I manually create an order?
We did that in the end but found it a bit clunky to be honest. As there is no payment involved it caused a problem for us because our site demands a payment be made through Paypal. I think what I'm looking for is a simple "create order" in the backend to handle this kind of transaction where no payment is to be made. Probably outside the remit of cart software I suppose.
Anyway, thanks for the help Nicolas.
Anyway, thanks for the help Nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #22946
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Can I manually create an order?
Having a create order button on the back end is not that simple as you also need to have a way to select the products, the user, his address(es), a possible coupon, a payment method and a possible shipping method.
So there is a lot involved that just adding a new button. Of course, you could also have just the new button create an empty order and then have the admin enter everything by hand with the interface already available but that means that you have to enter the name of products yourself, you have to enter the price yourself etc... It's a lot more complicated for you than doing it from the front end.
I'm still not sure what would be the better way to implement that while keeping it simple enough to implement. If you have suggestions...
So there is a lot involved that just adding a new button. Of course, you could also have just the new button create an empty order and then have the admin enter everything by hand with the interface already available but that means that you have to enter the name of products yourself, you have to enter the price yourself etc... It's a lot more complicated for you than doing it from the front end.
I'm still not sure what would be the better way to implement that while keeping it simple enough to implement. If you have suggestions...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds