- Posts: 112
- Thank you received: 0
Acymaling Hikashop plugin
15 years 1 month ago #24024
by lrazov
Acymaling Hikashop plugin was created by lrazov
Hi Nicolas,
First of all the plgAcymailingHikashop plugin is great and exactly what I need. I just need to extend it a little.
I hope you can help me with the following:
I need to be able to use additional product attributes (custom fields) in acymaling newsletters in addition to the Title Only, Intro Only, Full text product attributes already there. For example, I have vendor name, vendor address as custom fields on a product. I need to be able to insert those fields into acymaling newsletter like it happens with the three above. They will have to be checkboxes though rather than radio buttons.
Where and what in the plgAcymailingHikashop class code do I need to change?
Many thanks.
First of all the plgAcymailingHikashop plugin is great and exactly what I need. I just need to extend it a little.
I hope you can help me with the following:
I need to be able to use additional product attributes (custom fields) in acymaling newsletters in addition to the Title Only, Intro Only, Full text product attributes already there. For example, I have vendor name, vendor address as custom fields on a product. I need to be able to insert those fields into acymaling newsletter like it happens with the three above. They will have to be checkboxes though rather than radio buttons.
Where and what in the plgAcymailingHikashop class code do I need to change?
Many thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24028
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Acymaling Hikashop plugin
Hi,
You should customize your product display template for that. It's explained in the documentation of the plugin on acyba.com :
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/1...ashop.html#customize
You should customize your product display template for that. It's explained in the documentation of the plugin on acyba.com :
www.acyba.com/en/support/documentation/1...ashop.html#customize
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24031
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Acymaling Hikashop plugin
I played with the plugin more and here is what I found.
In the attached document you can see a description of a product which I want to be included in a newsletter. I have selected the intro only type in hikashop product tags in acymaling newsletter and the output doesn't look right to me.
It looks like in addition to the description a title is also included. And the desciprion itself doesn't start from the begining, it's chopped off. I also would like to know where the formating of the title comes from as I'd like to change it.
Thank you
This attachment is hidden for guests.
In the attached document you can see a description of a product which I want to be included in a newsletter. I have selected the intro only type in hikashop product tags in acymaling newsletter and the output doesn't look right to me.
It looks like in addition to the description a title is also included. And the desciprion itself doesn't start from the begining, it's chopped off. I also would like to know where the formating of the title comes from as I'd like to change it.
Thank you
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24033
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Acymaling Hikashop plugin
The intro type includes the title, it's normal.
The description is not cut properly. It should keep the text before the read more tag, not the code after the read more tag.
You should replace the line:
$description = substr($product->product_description,$pos);
by:
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,$pos);
in the file plugins/acymailing/hikashop.php to solve that.
For the cusotmization of that product display, You need to create a template file, as explained in the documentation link provided earlier.
If you modify the file directly, you won't be able to update...
The description is not cut properly. It should keep the text before the read more tag, not the code after the read more tag.
You should replace the line:
$description = substr($product->product_description,$pos);
by:
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,$pos);
in the file plugins/acymailing/hikashop.php to solve that.
For the cusotmization of that product display, You need to create a template file, as explained in the documentation link provided earlier.
If you modify the file directly, you won't be able to update...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24037
by lrazov
Replied by lrazov on topic Re: Acymaling Hikashop plugin
Replaced the line per your suggestion and it didn't work at all. Im my product description I don't have read more at all hence the value in the $pos=0. So you new line returns empty string if no read more found in description.
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,$pos);
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,$pos);
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24041
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Acymaling Hikashop plugin
If yo don't have a read more tag then it should go in the code:
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,100).'...';
which displays three dots at the end, which are not displayed in your screenshot. So I don't see how that's possible...
$description = substr($product->product_description,0,100).'...';
which displays three dots at the end, which are not displayed in your screenshot. So I don't see how that's possible...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds