- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 0
Currency
15 years 1 month ago #24354
by Ottmar
Currently my prices are formatted £3 233.56 - I want a comma to separate the thousands, viz. £3,233.56
In admin> system> currencies I entered a comma in the Groups separation field but when I click Save the field is empty and the comma has disappeared.
I thought that I'd enter 3 in the Digits groups field but when I click Save the 3 disappears and the word "Array" appears.
Bug or user stupidity?
In admin> system> currencies I entered a comma in the Groups separation field but when I click Save the field is empty and the comma has disappeared.
I thought that I'd enter 3 in the Digits groups field but when I click Save the 3 disappears and the word "Array" appears.
Bug or user stupidity?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24424
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Currency
I didn't had the problem with the comma but I had the problem with the "Array".
That can be fixed by adding the code:
<?php if(isset($this->element->currency_locale) && is_array($this->element->currency_locale)) $this->element->currency_locale = implode(',',$this->element->currency_locale); ?>
before:
<input type="text" name="data[currency][currency_locale][mon_grouping]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->currency_locale; ?>" />
in the file form of the view currency via the menu Display->Views.
That can be fixed by adding the code:
<?php if(isset($this->element->currency_locale) && is_array($this->element->currency_locale)) $this->element->currency_locale = implode(',',$this->element->currency_locale); ?>
before:
<input type="text" name="data[currency][currency_locale][mon_grouping]" value="<?php echo @$this->element->currency_locale; ?>" />
in the file form of the view currency via the menu Display->Views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24435
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Added the code as advised and the Array problem is still there (as is the missing comma).
The user I set-up on mckinnon is still available if you want to play.
The user I set-up on mckinnon is still available if you want to play.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24436
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Currency
Did you try to change the value and and save your currency ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24439
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Yes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24440
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Interesting - the array problem persists. The comma problem: click save & the comma vanishes, click save & close and the comma stays!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24443
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Currency
Are you sure that you modified the correct view file ? You must edit the file for your back end template, not for your front end template...
I don't keep a record of who gave what access. If you modified the correct view file, could you send again the access so that I can have a look at the array problem ?
I don't keep a record of who gave what access. If you modified the correct view file, could you send again the access so that I can have a look at the array problem ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24445
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24473
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Currency
You didn't edited the view file for your back end template. Your back end template is bluestork, not mckinnona... I did it for you with the account you provided and it's working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24486
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Please excuse my stupidity.
Thanks Nicolas (for your patience and your support)
Thanks Nicolas (for your patience and your support)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24489
by Ottmar
Replied by Ottmar on topic Re: Currency
Please excuse my stupidity.
Thanks Nicolas (for your patience and your support)
Thanks Nicolas (for your patience and your support)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds