- Posts: 173
- Thank you received: 8
How to get Category Description in Module
15 years 1 month ago #24885
by ianspeed
How to get Category Description in Module was created by ianspeed
Hi
How do I get the category description on the category module, I have a custom front page with a flash graphic and then all the categories laid out below, but when you click on a category and go to the products layout there is no description? There is also no where to add this on the module setup?
Modules main default options - When setting to category there is not option for Display description?
Many Thanks
Ian
How do I get the category description on the category module, I have a custom front page with a flash graphic and then all the categories laid out below, but when you click on a category and go to the products layout there is no description? There is also no where to add this on the module setup?
Modules main default options - When setting to category there is not option for Display description?
Many Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24888
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to get Category Description in Module
Hi,
There are two things:
1. How do I get the category description on the category module ?
-> You need to change the item layout option to "image and description" in your module's hikashop options. That will display the description of categories on the categories listing. of your module.
2. When you click on a category and go to the products layout there is no description?
->That can be activated by turning on the option "show description" in the hikashop options of the MENU that is selected in the "menu" option of the hikashop options of your category listing module.
There are two things:
1. How do I get the category description on the category module ?
-> You need to change the item layout option to "image and description" in your module's hikashop options. That will display the description of categories on the categories listing. of your module.
2. When you click on a category and go to the products layout there is no description?
->That can be activated by turning on the option "show description" in the hikashop options of the MENU that is selected in the "menu" option of the hikashop options of your category listing module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24891
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Re: How to get Category Description in Module
Hi Nicolas,
This is OK panoramasofwales.com/socks.html This is what I'm expecting.
This isn't if you take the options for socks panoramasofwales.com/home.html
You'll need a password and profile:
nicolas
nicolas
Now this page select the socks again, there is no description and I really have looked everywhere and tried everything.
sorry.
If you need admin level let me know.
Many Thanks
Ian
This is OK panoramasofwales.com/socks.html This is what I'm expecting.
This isn't if you take the options for socks panoramasofwales.com/home.html
You'll need a password and profile:
nicolas
nicolas
Now this page select the socks again, there is no description and I really have looked everywhere and tried everything.
sorry.
If you need admin level let me know.
Many Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24894
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to get Category Description in Module
I'm not able to see your pages. When I login, I see a screen with a "enter" button. When clicking on it, it asks me to login again, and it repeat that loop.
What I said I my previous message will do what you want. Did you try ?
What I said I my previous message will do what you want. Did you try ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24895
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to get Category Description in Module
I check your settings.
In your module "All categories front page", you set in the "menu" option the menu "home" which is a joomla article page, not a hikashop category listing menu. I've set it back to "Menu item for category listing module 48" as it was by default...I also published it since you had unpublished it...
Then, I turned on the "show description" option of that menu there:
panoramasofwales.com/administrator/index...=menus&task=edit&cid []=28
You might want to change its name too.
In your module "All categories front page", you set in the "menu" option the menu "home" which is a joomla article page, not a hikashop category listing menu. I've set it back to "Menu item for category listing module 48" as it was by default...I also published it since you had unpublished it...
Then, I turned on the "show description" option of that menu there:
panoramasofwales.com/administrator/index...=menus&task=edit&cid []=28
You might want to change its name too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 1 month ago #24896
by ianspeed
Replied by ianspeed on topic Re: How to get Category Description in Module
Thanks Nicolas, I guess after trying lots of things I can't then see the wood for trees..
I remember now why I changed it, because of the name....like you said I should just rename it..oh dear, sorry
I'll put in a donation again as you are as helpful as ever.
Many Many Many Thanks
Ian
I remember now why I changed it, because of the name....like you said I should just rename it..oh dear, sorry
I'll put in a donation again as you are as helpful as ever.
Many Many Many Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds