- Posts: 73
- Thank you received: 0
How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1
15 years 2 weeks ago #25215
by benkly
How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1 was created by benkly
Hello,
how could I copy my hikashop from my old 1.5 joomla to my new 1.7 joomla with all I need? Is there a way for noobs?
Regards, Benny.
how could I copy my hikashop from my old 1.5 joomla to my new 1.7 joomla with all I need? Is there a way for noobs?
Regards, Benny.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 weeks ago #25231
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1
Hi,
Why not just upgrade your joomla 1.5 website to joomla 1.7 ? Then, there is nothing to do on Hikashop's end as it's compatible with both.
Otherwise, it's a normal move of HikaShop from one website to another, which means:
install hikashop on the new website
delete the hikashop tables from the database of the new website
export the hikashop tables from the old website and import them on the new website
copy the files of the folder media/com_hikashop from the old website to the new one.
if you customized some of the views of HikaShop, you will also have to copy the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop.
Why not just upgrade your joomla 1.5 website to joomla 1.7 ? Then, there is nothing to do on Hikashop's end as it's compatible with both.
Otherwise, it's a normal move of HikaShop from one website to another, which means:
install hikashop on the new website
delete the hikashop tables from the database of the new website
export the hikashop tables from the old website and import them on the new website
copy the files of the folder media/com_hikashop from the old website to the new one.
if you customized some of the views of HikaShop, you will also have to copy the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #37499
by benkly
Replied by benkly on topic Re: How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1
Hello,
how can I just update my 1.5 Jommla to a 1.6, 1.7 or 2.5 one? I read that I would have to do a new clean install.
Regards, Benny.
how can I just update my 1.5 Jommla to a 1.6, 1.7 or 2.5 one? I read that I would have to do a new clean install.
Regards, Benny.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #37604
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1
Hi,
There is a migration tool for that called jupgrade:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...omla-migration/11658
But I've never used it so I can't give you more information. You should ask that on Joomla forums:
forum.joomla.org
There is a migration tool for that called jupgrade:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/migrati...omla-migration/11658
But I've never used it so I can't give you more information. You should ask that on Joomla forums:
forum.joomla.org
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
14 years 7 months ago #37768
by benkly
Replied by benkly on topic Re: How to copy hikashop from one site to another 1:1
Hello,
I know this upgrade tool, please don't tell someone to use it! It messes up all id's, just to tell one problem. So I will try the database way.....
Regards, Benny.
I know this upgrade tool, please don't tell someone to use it! It messes up all id's, just to tell one problem. So I will try the database way.....
Regards, Benny.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds