- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Fix VAT Issues
- glasgowcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #25218
by glasgowcreative
Fix VAT Issues was created by glasgowcreative
I should start with the fact that I am a newbie. I installed hikashop on our own site and it was supposed to be more of an ordering system and now it has to have prices. I've tried searching the forums, but am having no luck finding what I need to know.
So I have 3 issues, which may or may not be related to each other.
1) I have set up a VAT category and set it to 20% and applied it to all customers. (there's really only 1 customer that will be using it)
However, when I set a product price and product price with tax, they are linked and stay the same as each other, no matter which I set first. If the unit price is £10, then the price with tax is set to £10 by default. If I change the price with tax to £12 (to reflect 20% VAT), the unit price changes to £12 too.
2) My other problem is that I'd like to have a VAT entry above the Final Total on the checkout page. I feel certain that it's on the Cart under display>views, but I don't know what code to enter.
3) and while I'm asking, is it possible to have products vary in price such that the more of a item purchased, the price per unit goes down. i.e. 1 unit is £1, 50 units are £45, etc.
Any assistance is much appreciated.
So I have 3 issues, which may or may not be related to each other.
1) I have set up a VAT category and set it to 20% and applied it to all customers. (there's really only 1 customer that will be using it)
However, when I set a product price and product price with tax, they are linked and stay the same as each other, no matter which I set first. If the unit price is £10, then the price with tax is set to £10 by default. If I change the price with tax to £12 (to reflect 20% VAT), the unit price changes to £12 too.
2) My other problem is that I'd like to have a VAT entry above the Final Total on the checkout page. I feel certain that it's on the Cart under display>views, but I don't know what code to enter.
3) and while I'm asking, is it possible to have products vary in price such that the more of a item purchased, the price per unit goes down. i.e. 1 unit is £1, 50 units are £45, etc.
Any assistance is much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 weeks ago #25237
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
1. did you set the tax category for your product ?
Please check the FAQ there: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq
It explains why the tax wouldn't be applied.
2. It will display once the taxes will be applied to the prices of your products.
3. Yes. You can do that by setting several prices with different minimum quantities in your product's options.
Please check the FAQ there: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ion-listing.html#faq
It explains why the tax wouldn't be applied.
2. It will display once the taxes will be applied to the prices of your products.
3. Yes. You can do that by setting several prices with different minimum quantities in your product's options.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- glasgowcreative
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 weeks ago #25429
by glasgowcreative
Replied by glasgowcreative on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
Thank you so much! I feel a bit stupid now, but I expected that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 days ago #26176
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
hi, I'm also having some trouble setting up VAT.
I'm in the UK, so I've attached a screenshot of what I've set up
now for some reason, when I try to do a practice order from an EU country from an individual or company without a vat number, the VAT always comes up as 0%, even though it should be 20% (only eu comps with vat number should get 0%). have i set something up wrong? I've looked at my zones and they seem fine.....
I'm in the UK, so I've attached a screenshot of what I've set up
now for some reason, when I try to do a practice order from an EU country from an individual or company without a vat number, the VAT always comes up as 0%, even though it should be 20% (only eu comps with vat number should get 0%). have i set something up wrong? I've looked at my zones and they seem fine.....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 3 days ago #26187
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
You don't need the zero rate rules. If not tax rule matches the situation, no tax will be applied.
Other than that your rules seems fine.
Why didn't you use the default Europe tax zone which already exists by default in HikaShop? I see that yours is called EU. Did you set all the european country zones as subzones of that zone ? That might explain the problem.
Other than that your rules seems fine.
Why didn't you use the default Europe tax zone which already exists by default in HikaShop? I see that yours is called EU. Did you set all the european country zones as subzones of that zone ? That might explain the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 3 days ago #26247
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
ok I've deleted the 0% tax rules as you say I don't need them.
I've also found the europe tax zone (must have just not seen it before) which I've applied to the tax rules.
but I've done a practice run for an individual who lives in france, and it still doesn't apply the 20% VAT rate.
I've attached a pic of tax rules again. still not sure what I'm doing wrong....any more ideas?
just another quick question - can I use the Europe tax zone to set up Europe shipping?
I've also found the europe tax zone (must have just not seen it before) which I've applied to the tax rules.
but I've done a practice run for an individual who lives in france, and it still doesn't apply the 20% VAT rate.
I've attached a pic of tax rules again. still not sure what I'm doing wrong....any more ideas?
just another quick question - can I use the Europe tax zone to set up Europe shipping?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 days ago #26283
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
I can see that it now works for companies without a VAT number, so you're almost there.
What did you put in the "Default address type" option of the config ? By default, it's "individual" and it should be left like that.
What did you put in the "Default address type" option of the config ? By default, it's "individual" and it should be left like that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
15 years 2 days ago #26284
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
You can use the europe tax zone for shipping. However, you should check with your shipping company are the countries it considers with the "europe" price is probably different from the countries which uses the same tax rules (that list is based on the information from european institutions).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 90
- Thank you received: 0
15 years 2 days ago #26293
by tanyatanya
Replied by tanyatanya on topic Re: Fix VAT Issues
ok I've changed the default customer type back to individual and its working fine now - thanks very much for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds