- Posts: 173
- Thank you received: 8
Worldpay Callback
Hope you are well.
Have started testing with the worldpay plugin (latest one) after payment it stays on the worldpay comfirmation page, also the call back doesn't seem to work as the orders don't get updated?
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Yes, the RBS WorldPay Business gateway does not have the possibility to redirect back to the shop.
For the notification of payment, did you activate the corresponding option in the options of the plugin ?
Did you receive an email for the payment notification ? Did you try to activate the debug mode of the plugin and look at the payment log file ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Apparently the worldpay fails on call back because they need a two second meta refresh to scrape the page?
It's trying to do an instant call back so no page to scrape.
Help
Here's the callback line:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/index.php?option=com_...pl=component&lang=en
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I didn't understand your sentence "It's trying to do an instant call back so no page to scrape.". Could you explain what you mean by instant callback ? Why do you think it's caused by that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Spoke to worlpay. they had a look at the failed callback log. They said they needed a two second meta refresh on the callback page to be able to display it at their end.. I was a bit confused after talking to him as well!!
Just thinking if I could add a meta refresh time to the below, just to add the two seconds? i.e 2,http://panoram.... etc
[MC_callback] => cccccmasofwales.com/index.php?option=com...pl=component&lang=en
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
In the payment plugin file ( plugins/hikashoppayment/bf_rbsbusinessgateway.php ) you should have this:
$vars = HIKASHOP_LIVE.'index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=notify¬if_payment=' . $method->payment_type . '&tmpl=component&lang='.$locale;
Is that the case ? If yes, then you must have something else changing that URL.
If the problem really comes from the fact that the processing of the callback takes too much time, there is not much we can do in HikaShop. In that case, you can:
1. remove the admin notification and/or the user notification emails as that usually takes quite some time to send an email because of the mail server.
2. have your website on a bigger server which can process the callback more rapidly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It now confirms the payment, but does not come back to Hikashop to clear the cart down.. Any Ideas?
Many Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the return on HikaShop, as I said, they apparently don't have a way to set a return URL. If you want, you can clear the cart when the order is created. There is an option for that in the config. That way, when the user comes back, he will already have his cart empty.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I have turned off off the system plugins, still doing the conversion on the outbound string, I could always change the variable name so it doesn't get converted, I know this is not actually getting to the route of the problem.
I was going to install the worldpay on my own site and see if it does it there? is there anywhere where I can download worldpay plugin from your site on it's own..
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
For the plugin, you can just zip the files starting with bf_rbsbusinessgateway in the folder plugins/hikashoppayment and then you can use the zip as a normal install package for the plugin.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
That problem with the translation of ¬, I tracked it down, it was just a display issue with Chrome, Firefox transposed the string correctly.
The callback string doesn't appear to be required unless doing a dynamic callback as the call back string can be set in the worldpay admin panel.
The other thing I have discovered is that the page that is scraped by the worldpay server needs to be free of javascript, as the page that is displayed is the product listing after cart is emptied, this breaks the return to joomla..because of the Javascript..
I'll PM you with an idea over the weekend.
Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Guess what....sorted. Put some re-direct pages on the Worldpay server...and it works ok!! Shame it wasn't the real answer..but it works...

Just another question on the confirmation and clearing down the cart, the orders get updated, but the cart isn't cleared, I know I can set it to cleared on order creation, but if they cancel they lose their cart. How does the Hikashop interrogate the order status to clear the cart, as I'll have a look at why it's not happening.
Many Thanks
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.